For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
kbwilson's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, December 22nd, 2017 5:25 AM

Closed

Returned Phone has Not Been Received

I returned a phone to ATT back at the end of October.  I used the USPS smartlabel that was provided in the box with the new phone, per the instructions provided by my CSR.  I dropped off at Post Office without waiting for them to scan.  I had no idea that ATT would not be able to track using their own generated label.  Now ATT is saying the device was never received, refusing to dig deeper to find their own smart label information, and charging me $900 for the device I sent back to them.  I have spent countless (over 5) hours on the phone with Customer Support, getting conflicting info, dealing with totally incompetent staff who finally would transfer me to an equally incompetent supervisor and I'm done.  I'm ready to contact my attorney to fight the charges, transfer all three of my lines to Verizon, and say goodbye to ATT for good.  After a decade of being a loyal customer.  The last supervisor I spoke with criticized me for not taking a picture of the tracking information (how was I to know that ATT wouldn't have this information when they supplied the label?!) and accused me of lying about sending the device back.  He told me to go to the Post Office, which I did-- twice.  And twice I was told by USPS that they need the tracking information from the shipper (technically ATT) to look into it.

I'm stuck.

ATT, you are the absolute worst.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I’m soooooooo sorry this is happening to you too. It is my life mission to take At&t down for this. They are thieves....I had to pay the $600 because they wouldn’t let me make a payment plan despite this being all their fault and I’m sure if the phone I returned ever pops up, if it has t already, they won’t notify me. Karma....

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

The post office was the one who saved the day. They were able to go
through their records and find tracking info on the package that showed
that it was delivered. Took months and so much stress, but in the end, I
got my money back.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I have to pay too or their disconect my line and i have my sons, that work for the city!..i never ever change my phone again and also their take me out of att next! I return my phone i tracked and someone pickup in the post office and after dessapear!.happended nov 7!...its not my foault their have cheap company to deliver it my husband change his phone in costco,their give a fedex envelop i drop it and received with no problem.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I will check in the post office but if i drop it and i got my receipt why i have to have this hardtime,the hired cheap company to return and this is what happened if their use ups or fedex is different

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I went to post office several times and they stated this hasn’t happened several times. They looked in their system many times and said the tracking number did not exist for them. Sounds impossible....i feel this should be between post office and AT&T. This has nothing to do with the customer after they have taken the actions that at&t asked them to do in order to safely return a phone. I’m sorry you are going through this as well 😞

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I know att hired cheap service to return,bc when i got my phone their bring to my front door in less than 5 hours!..their send me a label trhough the email i print it, put in the paquet and return it...after that supposed dont be my problem bc i had a receipt!...i have to pay but after i never ever change my phone again....

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

have been experiencing the same problem - I returned 2 iphones to AT&T at 2 different times.  I have the receipts and tracking numbers from USPS.  Apparently AT&T uses a courier company called Newgistics to pick the packages up from USPS and return them back to AT&T.  One phone (returned January 15) has no tracking info except that USPS received it.  The other (returned January 24) shows that the package was received by the shipping agent on January 24.  However AT&T says that they do not have the phones and that I am still responsible for them even though I have proof that I followed the instructions for returning them.  I have spent over 30 hours trying to resolve this situation - I have spoken to countless service reps and supervisors.  I have filed claims with USPS and escalated a case with Newgistics.  Ultimately I have gotten no where - AT&T will not help me and I can't believe I am being held responsible for equipment that I do not have.  I am at a loss as to what I should do next.  I am incredibly disappointed and have no faith in AT&T.  I have been with them since 2003 and will be looking to find a new carrier as soon as this is resolved. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I returned mine to an AT&T store and the customer service rep told me the store never returned my iPhone XS and the store employees might have kept it. I have the receipt for turning in, and still no help from ATT. I actually have an appointment to see the store manager and they are pulling the video to see who took my trades phone, you can’t make this up, ATT is absolutely the worst company ever. I’ve been with them 13 years, and have 19 phones with our company, which we will be switching over, after this embarrassing situation is over. Congress should investigate ATT and get off all the other crap they waste their time on. ATT is scamming customers daily. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I am currently experiencing the same problem after returning two IPhones XS max. I returned them 4 days after receiving the new IPhones 11. I obtained a shipping receipt from USPS with tracking and provided the information to AT&T customer service multiple times. Despite all my efforts, I still received an email from AT&T that my account was charged for the cost of both IPhones. I am extremely disappointed and frustrated because I have been an excellent 6 lines customer since 2007.  The obvious solution is to leave AT&T regardless of how expensive it is. I feel that this behavior is criminal and should be reported to FCC. 

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

4 years ago

@JR2019 Have you tracked it through USPS and can confirm that it was picked up by Newgistics?  If so you can file a BBB or FCC complaint with documentation showing it was picked up. Someone from the office of the president at AT&T will contact you. Link below is for tracking from Newgistics. 

http://www.tracking.smartlabel.com/

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.