Need help understanding your bill?
linleeC's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, December 10th, 2018 1:35 PM

Reporting a scam

I have received several phone calls vrom a ATT number offering me a promotion, for $49.99 a month for 2 years I can have everything I  now have plus sevetal more channels plus the sports channel. All I need to do is pay $200.   that day and it will be taken off my bill the following months.. I have called STT and reported it but received another call the other day. Called the number back and it was an ATT number. Is this a scam?  If so I believe it is coming from your company.  Just wanted to inform you of the calls. Linda Crawford

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

5 years ago

@linleeC wrote:

I have received several phone calls vrom a ATT number offering me a promotion, for $49.99 a month for 2 years I can have everything I  now have plus sevetal more channels plus the sports channel. All I need to do is pay $200.   that day and it will be taken off my bill the following months.. I have called STT and reported it but received another call the other day. Called the number back and it was an ATT number. Is this a scam?  If so I believe it is coming from your company.  Just wanted to inform you of the calls. Linda Crawford

It is a scam, but it's not coming from AT&T. Scammers can change their caller ID to make it look like AT&T (or any other number) is calling. As long as you don't provide any personal information, you will be fine. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.