Need help understanding your bill?
gsxf's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, April 15th, 2012 7:15 AM

Renew Unlimited Data Plan, not available with LTE?

i have blackberry with unlimited data plan for 3 years now, went to local dealer to see renew options. a sales rep told me the 3g unlimited data can be renewed to 4g service (up to 3gb, then 3g after that), but not with 4g-lte.

is that true? is there a way to renew unlimited data and upgrade to lte?

thanks  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

451 Messages

12 years ago

@gsxf wrote:

i have blackberry with unlimited data plan for 3 years now, went to local dealer to see renew options. a sales rep told me the 3g unlimited data can be renewed to 4g service (up to 3gb, then 3g after that), but not with 4g-lte.

is that true? is there a way to renew unlimited data and upgrade to lte?

thanks  

They CAN be renewed but ONLY with the assistance of a call to an att supervisor. This is what happened when I started service on my Lumia this week. They could not simply port the dataplan automatically but recognized what my issuse was. They upgraded the problem and a supervisor authorized the dataplan exception and then called me back on my phone to confirm to me that she had verified the plan was still associated with my account.

You have to INSIST that nothing changes to your dataplan when you start your new phone. Everybody raises an eyebrow, however, once they notice what is going on, I have found that they understand.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

anyone else got to renew unlimited data with 4gLTE phones?

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

I did. I had no problems keeping the unlimited data when I did my upgrade in a store.

Scholar

• 

15 Messages

12 years ago

You likely need the following package :-

Unlimited Personal Data Plan for 4G LTE Smartphones (LDPPBVM10)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I've had a new Sierra Wireless Mobile Hotspot Elevate 4G for over a month, got an error message on the first system and returned it for replacement.  Same error message appeared on the 2nd and I contacted AT&T today online for help.  Turns out my unlimited data plan with my previous usb internet connection won't work with this new LTE device.  I was looking for options when I found this series of messages.  I'm going to contact AT&T and see if I can continue with my unlimited data plan with this Elevate 4G device, as well.  Thanks for the messages!!

Update:  have spoken by telephone with AT&T service center and the local store--they're "not aware" of a data plan for LTE larger than 5 GB.  Hmm...going to the store in person next....

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

12 years ago

Unlimited data for air cards and personal hotspots was retired nearly 2 years ago and was not grandfathered. You got either an email or a letter about it but you probably never went over 5GB which is why they never said anything about you still having it
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.