Need help understanding your bill?
ZimzamZulu's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, May 16th, 2019 12:42 PM

Reinstating my cancelled account

I've been travelling for the last couple months and hadn't paid my prepaid account. As a result it got cancelled and I can no longer log into my account. I'm heading back to the states in a couple of days and want to reactivate my account before I get there. 

I'm wondering whether it is possible for me to re-activate my account online (last paid in September last year), or whether it's possible for me to get a new sim when I arrive while still keeping the old number? 

I'm skeptical of calling the help lines because phoning from foreign countries often means a hefty phone bill. Is there anyway of doing this before I arrive online or do I have to wait to arrive back in the states to call? 

Thanks for the help

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

After 60 days with a zero balance, your account was closed, and number lost.  You will have to start over with a new sim and number when you get to the USA. 

There are ways to keep account active long term by changing to pay per use and refill with $100. The $100 remains for 365 days and us usable for service when you return. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.