Need help understanding your bill?
Elemming's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, March 19th, 2019 10:26 PM

Recieved call from AT&T Alert: Fraud Risk

My phone showed AT&T Alert: Fraud Risk  when I answered the caller said my Windows Defender anti-virus program was not working and a $10 charge I had paid, news to me, could be reversed if I connected to Microsoft support by pressing #1. I did not and hung up. Is this warning on the display a new AT&T service?  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

5 years ago

It is part of the Call Protect App to warn you of scam calls.

(edited)

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

You can block and block and block and still get the calls because they are generated by a robo caller as soon as you are called the number deletes the only purpose is to funnel your call to a call center

AT&T and telecom companies and with the federal government need to step up and put laws and stiff fines into place for the use of robo callers no good has ever come out of a robo caller so they simply should be outlawed 

I’v been threatened by people from other countries that can barely speak english and the call was generated by a robo caller

we pay for phone service to stay connected to our family, friends and jobs for the most part so where and at what time did we the consumer agree that it was OK to use our paid service for everyone and any one to call for anything 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

5 years ago

@Kym9932 wrote:

You can block and block and block and still get the calls because they are generated by a robo caller as soon as you are called the number deletes the only purpose is to funnel your call to a call center

AT&T and telecom companies and with the federal government need to step up and put laws and stiff fines into place for the use of robo callers no good has ever come out of a robo caller so they simply should be outlawed 

I’v been threatened by people from other countries that can barely speak english and the call was generated by a robo caller

we pay for phone service to stay connected to our family, friends and jobs for the most part so where and at what time did we the consumer agree that it was OK to use our paid service for everyone and any one to call for anything 

If these calls are coming from other countries (which many are), what good will laws and penalties do?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I got a call about my service is temporarily blocked because they detected fraudulent use. Hmmm funny bc the call came from my own phone number.  It said to give billing zip code, so I put 00000 then it asked for my pin. I hung up. I want to know if AT&T is able to trace these calls and if not WHY? We've gotten several calls from organizations like supporting the police, state of police and even marshals. All being called by our own phone number.  Why I don't have the fraud protection that should of stopped this call is being me because we pay for it every month. So where is the protection? The protection from 1mill ppl paying should be them tracing these calls. And it's not. Its AT&T just charging an extra $10 per line. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Solution: put on Do Not Disturb and only allow your contacts to call you.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.