For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Jamescan's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, January 24th, 2015 5:23 AM

Receiving someone else's account emails

For the past several months I have been receiving AT&T Payment Processed emails to my personal email account. These emails have nothing to do with me (I do not and have never had an AT&T account). 

These emails contain one of your customer's personal information (service type, last four digits of account number, payment total, payment method, payment date, etc.)

Please help me get this resolved - I have no idea why AT&T would be sending emails to my email address as I've never clicked any sort of confirmation link (do you guys really not confirm emails?)

Thank you.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

This is a customer helping customer forum. No one here has access to AT&T accounts. You will have to contact AT&T and see if they can determine where the mistake lies.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hey @Jamescan

I’d be happy to help find the cause of this mixup. It may be something as slight as a typo. If you could please send me a Private Message with the following information, we can get to the bottom of this!

• Email address
  • Contents of email received
  • When this started
  • Full name

Thanks!

Charise

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I am having a similar problem.  I'll also send you a pm.

I am an ATT customer, and I've been getting numerous account emails for another customer over the past several years.  I've contacted ATT numerous times to resolve it.  Many times, they've said it's fixed but then I get the emails again soon after, and I've also had some ATT customer support people tell me that it can't be fixed, which may be true.  I suspect that the other customer doesn't know what their email address is and keeps changing their contact email to my email address.

I'm reluctant to simply mark the sending address as a spam email address since there may also be legitimate emails coming to me from it.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Just a note, this still hasn't been resolved for me, despite several representatives claiming that the problem would be resolved shortly. So you may not have much luck.

At this point I've resigned myself to simply deleting the emails as I receive them.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks for the quick reply.  I'm currently having trouble sending a PM to the poster above.  The link they provided doesn't seem to work.  I can type out a message, but the send button doens't seem to work.

I think I may just use a google mail spam filter to bounce these back to att.

Thanks again.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.