Need help understanding your bill?
tbesser's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, July 14th, 2012 8:49 PM

Re: Cannot convert to a family plan because of different markets. EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED

I am hoping you can help me as well. I have spent several hours calling AT&T and researching options online. I have been with AT&T over 5 years and my husband for the same time. We are loyal customers and would like to stay with AT&T. I am on a Midwest market individual plan and my husband is on a Northwest market plan. We just got married last year and would like to have him come on my plan however we were told after several calls he has to get a new number and we have to create a new account first to them have him added to mine through relocation. Not only do we have to go through this hassle but we were told we lose the 200MB grandfathered plan and have to pay more per month. Is there anything you can do to help? We would love to just to keep this easy as I hear Verizon can allow family plans with different markets.

Expert

• 

13K Messages

11 years ago

@lkessler42 wrote:
@jamileh, could you please define the marketing territories to determine if I can add my recently widowed mother-in-law to my family plan? She is area code 231 and I am 312. Thank you.

Unfortunately they are not from the same area, Unfortunately for a pot of a phone number to be done they have to be from the same city and state, unfortunately the 2 you have listed are not within that qualification.

What is wireless local number portability (LNP)?

• Wireless LNP is a wireless consumer's ability to change service providers within the same local area and still keep the same phone number.
  • Wireless LNP allows consumers to switch from one wireless carrier to another within the same general metropolitan area. It does not allow consumers to keep the same phone number when moving to a new town or city.
  • Wireless LNP also allows consumers to move a phone number from a wireline phone to a wireless phone in some cases.

Information Source

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I heard on the phone yesterday from a representative that plans are to have this up and working so you can port numbers from different markets into a family plan by the end of the first quarter in 2013.  Has anyone else heard this/can anyone from ATT confirm?  I'm probably changing to an individual plan on ATT until that time, but would like to know how long I'll be out the additional money.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

We have not announced any plans regarding family plans and combining markets. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I also find this extremly frustrating. Not only do my wife and I both have AT&T cell service (me for close to 10 years and my wife not far behind) but we also have AT&T U-Verse cable. The last time I spoke with customer service they insisted that no family plan or bundling/discount could be offered. 

Three different AT&T services all from three different markets. I always just assumed that one day soon AT&T would be able to fix this but I don't have much confidence after going through this forum. It might be time to make some sort of change.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.