Need help understanding your bill?
Chicag0DAD's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, March 7th, 2019 3:49 PM

Re: AT&T is horrible

I switched to T-Mobile and ATT has been horrible about the process. They lock you out of your account so you can no longer view your statements. They also block your cell number from reaching customer service. The only way you can receive help is by physically going into an ATT store and waiting for a sales clerk to tell you they can't help you there.

Get your statements in paper before you cancel your ATT service. Tell all your friends that ATT is the devil!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@Chicag0DAD wrote:

I switched to T-Mobile and ATT has been horrible about the process. They lock you out of your account so you can no longer view your statements.   This is SOP.  If you leave ANY carrier’s postpaid service, your online account is closed and you get a paper bill as a final.  

They also block your cell number from reaching customer service.  Well, yeah, you are now a FORMER customer.  But you can call 1-800-331-0500 as a NON customer.   

The only way you can receive help is by physically going into an ATT store and waiting for a sales clerk to tell you they can't help you there.

For what?   

Get your statements in paper before you cancel your ATT service. Tell all your friends that ATT is the devil!

Your final bill will be a paper bill, mailed to you.   Prepaid has no paperwork at all.   

Why do you think this is unique to At&t?   

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

See t-mobile does it the same way:   https://support.t-mobile.com/thread/133594

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I called customer service, 1-800-331-0500 as a NON customer and they disconnected me 5 times! The only way I could reach someone to assist me was by calling in to purchase a new line. If you are so helpful, why then can I no longer receive a statement of my billing online?

I signed up for a paperless account and now I am being billed with no trace of a statement. This is not how you handle a CURRENT customer.

Since I am still being billed, yes that makes me a current customer. What kind of horrible company does this? AT&T does. Shame on you.

This is SOP.  If you leave ANY carrier’s postpaid service, your online account is closed and you get a paper bill as a final.  

They also block your cell number from reaching customer service.  Well, yeah, you are now a FORMER customer.  But you can call 1-800-331-0500 as a NON customer.   

The only way you can receive help is by physically going into an ATT store and waiting for a sales clerk to tell you they can't help you there.

For what?   

Your final bill will be a paper bill, mailed to you.   Prepaid has no paperwork at all.   

Why do you think this is unique to At&t?  

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@Chicag0DAD 

Did you read my previous 2 posts?   It sure doesn’t look like you read and understood.  

To repeat:  your online account is closed and your last bill will arrive by mail.   This is how All carriers bill after you leave.  Including t-mobile.  

Why do you need to call At&t?  For the bill?  Pointless.   You have to wait for the mail.   Your final bill is produced on the usual day as prior bills.  Because the account is closed, it is mailed and may take 2 weeks to get to you.  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I've been removed from commenting further on the community chat board. This is how ATT treats their customers. Shame on you.
My mission is to tell everyone I know how unfair ATT has treated me during this change. May your karma be what it will be.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

Obviously not or you could not have made that post.   

AT&T is very tolerant and let’s a lot stand on the forum.  They might edit bad language, but you haven’t used any.    If you mean you can’t use live chat, correct.  Only current postpaid customers can use chat.  

There is absolutely nothing in your posts that indicates you were treated poorly.  I’m not sure what your problem is, but everything is exactly as it should be.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.