Need help understanding your bill?
LawrenceLi9308's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, September 3rd, 2012 2:34 AM

Questions about individual plan to family plan

Hi, I recently joined a smartphone plan ( nation 450 minutes+ 3GB data plan) with 2-year contract and I've not yet paid the first month's bill .Few days ago, my friends just invited me to join the family plan . Here are the questions I'd like to ask.

1.Can my individual plan be merged into my friends' family plan?

2.If so, Should I pay the first month's bill first before joining to thier family plan?

3.Do I need to pay for the deposit($500) again if tranferring into family plan? ( I did pay the $500 deposit for the individual one)

4.Let say there will be 4 members in a family plan, can we have our own data plan? I mean for example, member A'd like 3GB a month and member B'd like 300MB a month.

5.Would there a bill showing seperated bill of each member in the family plan? So that we can arrange which one should pay for this and that.

6.Last one, would my phone number be changed if tranferring into the family plan? 

I know that there are a lot of questions /.\ but I really want to figure them out .so..thanks for helping me and your help is appreciated

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@LawrenceLi9308 wrote:

Hi, I recently joined a smartphone plan ( nation 450 minutes+ 3GB data plan) with 2-year contract and I've not yet paid the first month's bill .Few days ago, my friends just invited me to join the family plan . Here are the questions I'd like to ask.

1.Can my individual plan be merged into my friends' family plan?

2.If so, Should I pay the first month's bill first before joining to thier family plan?

3.Do I need to pay for the deposit($500) again if tranferring into family plan? ( I did pay the $500 deposit for the individual one)

4.Let say there will be 4 members in a family plan, can we have our own data plan? I mean for example, member A'd like 3GB a month and member B'd like 300MB a month.

5.Would there a bill showing seperated bill of each member in the family plan? So that we can arrange which one should pay for this and that.

6.Last one, would my phone number be changed if tranferring into the family plan? 

I know that there are a lot of questions /.\ but I really want to figure them out .so..thanks for helping me and your help is appreciated

1. Yes you would have to do a transfer of billing responsibility to the primary holder of the family plan

2. can;t answer this one, sorry

3. again, no idea

4. unless it is a shared data plan, each smartphone data plan is unique to the number and can be any size you want that is avaialble

5. no seperate bills, but each number has it own billing summary for charges, taxes, etc in the bill

6. no the phone number does not change

Words if caution - You need to understand that if you do a transfer of billing responsiblity that primary holder of the account has control, unless they authorize you on the account you are not able to do anything in the way of changing features. If you decide you want to leave the family plan you would have  to get the person that has primary account authority to initiate the transfer back.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

6. To clarify Wingrider's answer, your phone number wouldn't change if you and your friends have phone numbers in the same market.  If the phone numbers are in different markets, you would have to get a new phone number that is in the same market as theirs.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.