Need help understanding your bill?
Resendetra's profile

Scholar

• 

124 Messages

Sunday, September 7th, 2014 9:01 PM

Questions about NEXT billing

I decided to upgrade two phones with NEXT on Aug 16th, which worked out great and the person at the AT&T store was very helpful and told me that even if I upgrade with NEXT, I can keep my $25 off each line, which I hope is true. My question is, when will I be billed for the phones? My bill cycle starts on the 7th of every month, but when I look at the history of the installment plans, it says pending for Aug. 16th. Will the amount for the phones be on this new bill that hasn't come out yet for me? Also, can I use one card to pay for the installment plans and another for the normal bill? Kind of like a split payment. Because my boyfriend pays for the bill every month, but I decided that I will pay for the phones.

Lastly, when I upgraded with NEXT, it changed my 2 year contract from November to August, which is fine, but I was wondering, when it comes to renewing the contract in two years, will I still have the $25 off each line savings? I like that savings, it was the reason why we went from the old mobile share plan to the new one, because it was cheaper to have 10GB than 4GB with the old plan.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

@Resendetra wrote:

I decided to upgrade two phones with NEXT on Aug 16th, which worked out great and the person at the AT&T store was very helpful and told me that even if I upgrade with NEXT, I can keep my $25 off each line, which I hope is true. My question is, when will I be billed for the phones? My bill cycle starts on the 7th of every month, but when I look at the history of the installment plans, it says pending for Aug. 16th. Will the amount for the phones be on this new bill that hasn't come out yet for me? Also, can I use one card to pay for the installment plans and another for the normal bill? Kind of like a split payment. Because my boyfriend pays for the bill every month, but I decided that I will pay for the phones.

Lastly, when I upgraded with NEXT, it changed my 2 year contract from November to August, which is fine, but I was wondering, when it comes to renewing the contract in two years, will I still have the $25 off each line savings? I like that savings, it was the reason why we went from the old mobile share plan to the new one, because it was cheaper to have 10GB than 4GB with the old plan.

Wow, there are many things here.

First off, when you get the monthly bill, it will have one total due.  Generally speaking, you are expected to pay the total amount from one account, but I believe that as long as it is before teh due date, you can select to make a partial payment from one account, then go back in and pay the balance form another account (but I haven't tried this to be positive).  You could always give the money to pay for the phones to your boyfriend and have him pay the total bill from his account.

You next speak of renewing your contract, and the contract dates changing in your account.  WHen you purchase a phone using a NEXT program, you are not signing a service committment contract.  You are signing an installment purchase agreement on your phone itself.  As you noted, because you purchased the phoens using NEXT, you keep the $25/month discount for each phone.  If you sign a new service contract, then you lose that discount.  I suspect the "contract date" you are seeing is the NEXT agreement contract date, but it is difficult for me to be sure.  In 2 years (or less) when you replace your phones, as long as you do not get a contract subsidized phone, you should still keep your $25/month discount for each phone.

I do know what you mean about the 10GB plan being cheaper for some people.  The additional $10/month per phone discount can pay for the additional data cost quite easily if you have 3 or 4 phones on your account.  I beleive the cost difference between 6GB and 10GB is about $5 for only 2 phones on the account

Scholar

• 

124 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you so much for your response.

I guess I could just give him the money, but I just find it easier if I pay with my card, that way there is no transfering money between bank accounts. I suppose we can figure that out when the bill comes.

So technically we're not in a 2 year contract anymore? We were before all of this, because when we signed up for service in November, we got subsidized phones. I read on a few websites that since we're doing the NEXT thing now, if we were to terminate service, we wouldn't be charged an EFT. Not like I want to leave anytime soon, AT&T has actually been a pleasure to have compared to our old service. As for the contract date, under profile it says contract end date, it used to say November 2015, now it says August 2016.

I remember when we first signed up for two lines, we had to pay $170 a month and that was with 4GB of shared data. Then Feburary came and I noticed AT&T changed the mobile share plans up a bit, so I decided we should go with the 10GB (not like we needed it, we barely get to 4GB, but it's for peace of mind). We now pay around $140 a month.

Thank you again!

Scholar

• 

150 Messages

9 years ago

You're only commitment with AT&T next is your phone.  You gotta pay it off.  If you terminate service, due immediately.  Any services used are also due, but if you pay your bill in full the month you terminate and you pay off your installment plan you should be due a refund for a partial service credit.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

If you're signed up for AT&T Wireless online account access, you are able to split payment up between different payment sources, as well as select different dollar amounts for each split payment.  Hope this is helpful.

Scholar

• 

150 Messages

9 years ago

Online, you can split a payment.  You can use two cards in one transaction.  If using more than two, you'll have to try again.  For security reasons, if you make multiple transactions in a short time, you may have to have a 24 hour wait before making another payment.  But two cards in one go should be fine (I ran into the 24 hour wait when using gift cards I was given).

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Better watch your bill charge on the 10g plan. Mine rose every month.
I've never been so blind sided by a rep before. I've been with att for 8 years. Service I'd give 2 stars in billing.
Ridiculous! I'm glad they knocked the contract. Because I'm moving to another company. One that's straight up!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.