Need help understanding your bill?
HPLouis's profile

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

Wednesday, February 13th, 2013 8:22 PM

Question about NBI account

Hello,

I have 2 at&t accounts.  One is a personal line, with a FAN discount, that has both mine and my wife's iPhones.  This plan has the grandfathered unlimited data attached, 200 bonus minutes and unlimited family texting with mobile to mobile for $20.

My other at&t account is a NBI account with a MiFi hotspot on it with a grandfathered 3GB DataConnect mobile hotspot plan for $35.  This also has the same FAN discount.

Here is my question, can these plans be merged into one plan?  What I would like to do is move the2 iPhones off the personal plan, with all grandfathered features intact, onto the NBI line.

When I called the NBO office, one said it can be done after 90 days, one said it can't be done and one said that she doesn't know if she could do it but she's willing to try.  I was scared since she sounded unsure to let her play around with my account and have my features fall into the abyss.

Is it possible or should I just leave my plan as is?

Henry

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

11 years ago

I checked again with the NBO office and they said that even though they're both mine, they can't transfer the MiFi on the NBO plan out and if they transfer the personal plans onto the NBO account, the plans and features much be current.

I'm going to leave the accounts alone. The only inconvenience is the different billing dates.

Henry

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@HPLouis wrote:

Hello,

I have 2 at&t accounts.  One is a personal line, with a FAN discount, that has both mine and my wife's iPhones.  This plan has the grandfathered unlimited data attached, 200 bonus minutes and unlimited family texting with mobile to mobile for $20.

My other at&t account is a NBI account with a MiFi hotspot on it with a grandfathered 3GB DataConnect mobile hotspot plan for $35.  This also has the same FAN discount.

Here is my question, can these plans be merged into one plan?  What I would like to do is move the2 iPhones off the personal plan, with all grandfathered features intact, onto the NBI line.

When I called the NBO office, one said it can be done after 90 days, one said it can't be done and one said that she doesn't know if she could do it but she's willing to try.  I was scared since she sounded unsure to let her play around with my account and have my features fall into the abyss.

Is it possible or should I just leave my plan as is?

Henry

you cannot do a tobr without losing the grandfathered plans on one of the lines, you will have to decide which is more important, also there is a family plan unlimited testing that covers both phones for 30.00, do not think you will be able to keep the 20 plan

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for the quick reply. 

I'll leave it alone then.  The only inconvenience that I was trying to get rid of was the two separate bill dates.  I could live with since any other option would increase the price of my plan.

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

11 years ago

I just noticed something. I wasn't trying to do a transfer of responsibility. I was trying to merge the two account. I own both of them so I'll still be responsible.

Thanks for any advice,
Henry

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@drumn_bass wrote:

Very good point HPLouis, I think you might be right (not my department though so I'm not 100%), you should be able to keep your grandfathered features because both account are yours. You'll need to call business care line and ask to know for sure. Also there is no way to move lines from an NBI market out, but it can definitely be done the other way around.

Good luck, let us know what you find out please,

d.

@drumn_bass wrote:

Very good point HPLouis, I think you might be right (not my department though so I'm not 100%), you should be able to keep your grandfathered features because both account are yours. You'll need to call business care line and ask to know for sure. Also there is no way to move lines from an NBI market out, but it can definitely be done the other way around.

Good luck, let us know what you find out please,

d.

then it is something unique to the account type, did a move of my mother-in-in-laws phone from one of my family plans to the other and she lost all grandfathered plans - and all of them are in my name

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.