Need help understanding your bill?
JM_2's profile

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

Thursday, July 10th, 2014 1:23 AM

Purchase new phone before moving to Mobile Share plan?

I currently have a Family Share plan, all phones owned. All phones under the contract say that I'm eligble to upgrade to the next plan.

What would be the impact if I were to upgrade 2 cellphones (at the subsidized/discounted price) under the Family Share plan before moving to a Mobile share plan?

thanks in advance.

Employee

• 

156 Messages

10 years ago

When you would move to the mobile share value plan your lines would be billed at the flat 40 dollars (2 year price) if they are smart phones as opposed to the discounted 15 (10gb or higher) or 25 ( 6gb or lower) for being out of contract or for doing the next program. Next will more than likely be a better option for you depending on what phone you get. Also there is a lot of upfront savings with next as well as no upgrade fee. Hope this helps!

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

10 years ago

"would be billed at the flat 40 dollars (2 year price)"

Would that be a single charge to move the phone to the new plan? or a monthly charge?

thanks again,

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

10 years ago

Monthly per phone line. Ther is no charge to change plans.

The Mobile Share plan offers an out of contract discount per line. If you are in a contract because of a subsidized phone, you will not receive the discount. The out of contract discount is $15 or $25 per line per month based on which data plan you are on. The $15 discount is on 300 MB to 6 GB plans. The $25 discount is on the 10 GB and greater.

Employee

• 

156 Messages

10 years ago

It would be Monthly cost so example
Plan cost
10gb plan
100 data packet
40 Smart phone under 2 year contract
Total 140 plus tax

Upfront Device cost
2 year pricing plus one time upgrade fee of 40 dollars

Vs
Plan

10gb plan
100 data packet
15 plus cost of device on next
Total depends on device

Upfront Device cost
Sales tax for the device

Hope this helps!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.