Problem receiving pictures and audio texts.

Contributor

Problem receiving pictures and audio texts.

I have been a long time AT&T customer and have been able to send and receive audio and pictrues through text messages.  My phone recently broke and I bought a AT&T Go Phone the Alcatel 871A and it will not send or receive any text with audio/video/audio in them.  It will give a send error when I try to send and will begin to download when I receive a message but will stop before it completes. 

Message 1 of 5
Contributor

Re: Problem receiving pictures and audio texts.

I simply put my contract SIM card in the Go Phone so shouldn't I this be able to send and receive multimedia messages?
Message 2 of 5
Expert

djmaster wrote:
I simply put my contract SIM card in the Go Phone so shouldn't I this be able to send and receive multimedia messages?

what was the phone you previously had, if it is a smartphone and the one you replaced it with is a feature phone you have to call in and change the data plan.

Message 3 of 5
Contributor

My old phone was a samsung strive. I don't think it was a smartphone.

Message 4 of 5
ACE - Expert

In order to send or receive pictures, video or audio (MMS messages), your phone must have a working data connection. The phone's data connection settings are not the same for postpaid service as they are for prepaid service. I suspect the go phone you bought still has the data settings for prepaid service which won't work on your account. Unfortunately, I don't know the correct settings but I believe you'll need to update your phones data settings to fix this issue. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support