Need help understanding your bill?
iAddict2013's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, April 28th, 2013 4:02 PM

Primary line changing carriers

I have a FamilyTalk plan with 5 lines. 700 Minutes, Unlimited Text + Mobile 2 Mobile, 3 iPhones (3gb data plans), 2 dumbphones (no data), and over 5000 rollover minutes.

So my primary line (which is me, I own all the lines) is the one I use. I am planning to switch to T-Mobile for unlimited 4G data. My contract on my line has ended (everyone else is in contract) so if I switch does that affect my other lines? Will my whole account be ended since I am the primary line? or will someone else automatically become the primary line?

thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@iAddict2013 wrote:

I have a FamilyTalk plan with 5 lines. 700 Minutes, Unlimited Text + Mobile 2 Mobile, 3 iPhones (3gb data plans), 2 dumbphones (no data), and over 5000 rollover minutes.

So my primary line (which is me, I own all the lines) is the one I use. I am planning to switch to T-Mobile for unlimited 4G data. My contract on my line has ended (everyone else is in contract) so if I switch does that affect my other lines? Will my whole account be ended since I am the primary line? or will someone else automatically become the primary line?

thanks.

make one of the other lines that primary. verify that you have completed the full 24 months of the contact on your line then transfer out. Make sure you are in the 25th month of the phone if you transfer 1 day before the end of the contract you are liable for etf charges. If you plan on using the current phone under the t-mobile and it is a iphone make sure the phone is unlocked through att before you change over or it will not work. If it is a iphone, ATT will not unlock the phone until the full 2 year contract is completed and it can take 7 to 10 days for a answer

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@iAddict2013 wrote:

Thanks,

the contract end date is  5/14/2013. I plan to switch over on 5/15, is that ok?
and the iPhone was bought factory unlocked 😄

How do I go about chanhing the primary line? Is there any fees? Anything I should know/worry about?

would play it safe and do it 6/10, you are going to be paying a full month worth of service anyway might as well keep it until the last minute. Also it will give you time to submit the unlock request if you plan on keeping the same phone. If you plan on porting your number let the new carrier do it, do NOT cancel the line, you will lose the number. Like I said play it safe and start the port around 6/10 or a few days earlier

Do not  think there is a chrage for it, just call support and tell them you want to change the primary line on the famiy account, or go into a corporate store. You should be able to change the primary line at any time before you port out

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks,

the contract end date is  5/14/2013. I plan to switch over on 5/15, is that ok?
and the iPhone was bought factory unlocked 😄

How do I go about chanhing the primary line? Is there any fees? Anything I should know/worry about?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.