Need help understanding your bill?
JerseyGirl59's profile

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

Friday, June 8th, 2018 6:26 PM

Price Increase or Data Plan change?

I got a notice on my recent bill that there will be a change in my current rate plan with no other information given. The message was cut off halfway through apparently. My current plan is for 3G of data..which is all we need.  When I clicked on what the new plans offered are, it shows a 1G plan for almost the same amount I am paying now, and a 5G plan for almost $20 more. No 3G plan shows at all. When I pull up "My Wireless" page, it says 

MY PLAN

Pending plan change

We're making the plan changes you asked for. 

Um...I did not ask for any plan changes.  And what are they going to change it to?  No mention of what that change is or the cost I will be charged. Just that there will be changes on my next bill. Are they going to drop me down in Data to 1G or raise me up to 5G and charge me more money?? I saw all the posts on $5 increase on the grandfathered unlimited plan, but that is not what I have.  Before I spend hours on the phone with customer service while they try to sell me more than I can afford or need, does anyone else here know what is going on??

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I have had the exact same "option" afforded me by AT&T. I have not asked nor a desire to increase my current plan from 3GB. It is my wife and I which prefer the computer to a tiny screen these days. [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].We are not grandfathered under the "unlimited" plan since we are not unlimited. We are on the Advantage Plan. 

Nothing noting this change on April - May 2018, but low and behold there is the "News You Can Use" on the May - June 2018 billing statement. 

"Advantage plan charge will increase $5/month. In addition, your plan will now include double the data. You can choose to keep this plan, move to another available plan, or cancel service. Go to att.com/msaupdate for more information about this change. Go to att.com/myatt anytime to learn more about your plan and other available plans."

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@wildmanwill wrote:

New data/pricing going into effect July 1.  Basically in your case, your price will increase $5 but you will get double the data.

Starting with your July 2018 bill, your current Mobile Share Advantage plan charge will increase $5/month. In addition, your plan will now include double the data. You can choose to keep this plan, move to another available plan, or cancel service. Go to att.com/msaupdate for more information about this change. 

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1259100 

WOW! I thought this was going to be an OPTION, not a requirement.  

This is not "normal" for AT&T, they don't normally change prices of plans that you're already subscribed to, correct?

(The only other example I can think of is people with the ancient unlimited plans, have seen $5 increases three times now over the last four years).

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

6 years ago

as we are not at&t but only customers you should probably call the 800 number or go into an at&t store. if you didnt make changes then possibly its an identity theft situation, we had someone order 3 iphone X on our account and the shipping address was 2000 miles from me, fortunatly i caught it before anything shipped out

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

New data/pricing going into effect July 1.  Basically in your case, your price will increase $5 but you will get double the data.

Starting with your July 2018 bill, your current Mobile Share Advantage plan charge will increase $5/month. In addition, your plan will now include double the data. You can choose to keep this plan, move to another available plan, or cancel service. Go to att.com/msaupdate for more information about this change. 

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1259100

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks! My message cut off in the middle of "Mobile sha" LOL  If all they are doing is charging me $5 more for double the data, it's worth it.  I had 6 before but dropped it back to 3 because we never used it and it cost like $20 less at the time.  2 isn't enough, 6 is more than we need right now but I don't mind paying just $5 for ir.  Thanks again! 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Gary L In my 12 or so years as a customer, this is the first time I’ve seen anything like it unless you consider the $5 increases to the grandfathered unlimited plan to be similar. So yes I’d say “not normal”.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@sandblaster wrote:

@Gary L In my 12 or so years as a customer, this is the first time I’ve seen anything like it unless you consider the $5 increases to the grandfathered unlimited plan to be similar. So yes I’d say “not normal”.

Looking at most options, it'd be cheaper to drop to the next lower tier and pay a lower price and pay the increase.

Some plans it's a wash, but...

It's only a cost increase if you don't change your plan (or have the 1GB plan).

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Gary L I suspect changing to another data level is not possible since it is a grandfathered plan. If any change is made, it will be to a Mobile Share Flex plan. Now I haven’t compared those new Advantage data levels and prices to Flex, they may be the same.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

So, I wonder when a change will be announced for the Mobile Share Value Plan?   

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40 I would expect no changes to Mobile Share Value since that plan still has data overages. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.