Need help understanding your bill?
ASFx's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, April 1st, 2012 10:02 AM

Prevent other people on family plan from seeing MY usage?

I have multiple phones on my family plan. I noticed that they are able to login to att.com and see the usage info of my phone too. Any way to prevent this?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

2 years ago

Hi all,

We are adding a bit more details since this thread is getting a lot of views. To prevent others from viewing usage on your account, you will need to create a passcode:

1. Go to Profile. Choose your wireless account from the dropdown menu.
  2. Select Sign-in info.
  3. Choose Get a new passcode in the Wireless passcode section.
  4. Follow the prompts to finish up.

For more information or info on how to reset an existing passcode, check out our wireless passcode reset page for more info

- The AT&T Community Team

Employee

• 

372 Messages

12 years ago

Nope. Not unless you add a passcode that would disallow anyone except you to log in to att.com. the way the web site is set up, even if you log into phone number A, you can see details for phone numbers. B C D as well. The preventative is not allowing anyone account access with a security passcode.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

Here's a link to an article about creating/using passcodes: https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB116259#fbid=t9mjtZs2WYs

• 

1 Message

Is it possible that we create two different user id/password based on each phone number and each user can only access their own phone's call log ? If we share password and passcode for others to use, then I am not sure, you can prevent it.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

The passcode is what I was looking for. Thank you.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Hi, i get an error code when trying to view txt usage online. UD1547 no data selected type.... do you know why i am receiving this error on only 1 line?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

i was curious, someone is using the vault hide app that hides text messages, there call log on the phone, and other things, but can it also hide those numbers on the AT&T official website?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.