For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
SpinsCds's profile

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

Wednesday, April 8th, 2015 1:40 PM

Preparing to ship

I actually placed my order this past weekend on Saturday so I know it wouldn't be even processed until Monday but today is Wednesday and its still preparing to ship... says it won't shop until 4/9/15 to 4/13/15... then on top of that the wait time for shipping... why in the world would any order of stiff they have in stock take a week to ship out?? AT&T has the worst shipping policies... I actually called in yesterday and wanted to change the order so I could just pick it up in the store and they told me that nothing could be done because it was preparing to ship...I really hate waiting on an order... it's just a phone and a tablet..how long should it take to process an order and ship it.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

So anyway it still says preparing to ship... yet another day waiting... why should it take 5 days just four AT&T to ship out a tablet and phone that they actually have in stock.... anyone know why it takes AT&T this long to ship something out?

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @SpinsCds

I’d be happy to help with your order! We receive many orders each day and work to ship out orders as soon as we possibly can. An order may show the “Processing” or “In Progress” status for up to 5 days while we get your order together and ready to ship out. Rest assured that as soon as the order is shipped, you will receive an email with tracking information.

I hope this helps!

Charise

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Well another day of " Preparing to ship. " and I'm getting aggravated

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Just checked again... Still preparing to ship... Well it's really unbelievable that it should take this long. I called and talked yesterday to a customer service rep and even he didn't understand why it was taking this long. I'm to the point now that I don't even want this order... I think I'm going to switch to Sprint ..

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Guess what people.... it's shipped.... NOT!!!! Still preparing to ship.. OMG this is stupid. What the .. this is totally unacceptable. I've called and checked and they say this is just normal... it's been a week.. when I call today something is going to get done.. I will post what happens.

[word filter avoidance]

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

As you can see since I'm still posting my order still hasn't shipped its still preparing to ship.. imagine that.. I've called several times and other than cancelling my order and starting from scratch there is nothing they can do.. so I'm going to see what happens tomorrow and then make my decision on wether to stay with AT&T or cancel my account and switch to another carrier. You would think that someone who is adding more services to their account that something more would be done...yet nothing other than them telling me just to wait. Does anyone think I'm going about this the wrong way or maybe I should be doing something else???

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I'm having the same issue. I ordered a gear s3 Tuesday night and was told that I was going to get it Thursday. Well it's Friday and status says preparing to ship. I tried canceling over the phone since my local AT&T store has it in Stock. They said that they couldn't cancel it since it's prepairing to ship. The way its looking I won't get it to next Friday at the earliest. And I paid for overnight shipping

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

This is terrible customer service. When I'm told that I'm getting something on Thursday and it hasn't even been processed on Friday and when I asked customer service why it haven't been shipped I get, don't worry you will get an email when it's shipped. What does that mean? Don't worry. I was told I would get it on Thursday. Only reason why I ordered instead of going to the AT&T store was I was told it would be shipped overnight. Makes me mad . Between directv, internet and wireless I pay them over $500/month and this is how I get Treated

Tutor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

January 2107 and ATT on line still taking a week to ship an online order, so they obviously don't see this as an issue.  They need to tell you upfront the time to "prepare to ship" instead of telling you it will take one to two days to receive (that's after they take a week to prepare themselves to ship it and you can not cancel the order -ever, but they happily tell you they have a wonderful fourteen day return policy).  Sort of scary that a company which should be using the most updated technology is at the bottom - what does that say about the rest of their business. Ordered and received a case for the phone (which is preparing itself to ship) from Amazon and got it the next day... imagine that.  ATT should take down its online ordering.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

October 27, 2017 I ordered a iPhone on the 25 which was on Wednesday since I was switching to att.. I thought I was gonna get it today since it’s been 2 Days But no still saying preparing to ship.. I called and made the deal instead of online because it was all confusing but I’m still waiting on that email when it says my official shipping date.. Not to mention I had to pay my other phone company money because I’m switching my number over to att too so that’s too much money for all this stuff 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.