For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
desmond_sambath's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, November 4th, 2011 8:10 PM

Post-paid plan (voice + data) for unlocked iPhone 4.

Hi,

I have an unlocked iPhone 4 (that was bought from Apple a few months back). Can I buy a post-paid plan (voice + data) from AT&T without a contract?

I checked with 2 AT&T stores nearby, and they basically told me that I have to sign up for a 2 year contract even if I had my own phone.

The first store told me that a 2 year contract is required if I needed a plan with data. The second store told me that a 2 year contract is required if I had an iPhone.

When I called AT&T Customer Care to double check, I was told that I can buy a post-paid plan (voice + data) without a contract.

Now I'm confused. Has anyone here tried to take a new post-paid connection (voice + data) from AT&T without a contract? Please let me know.

Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@desmond_sambath wrote:

Hi,

I have an unlocked iPhone 4 (that was bought from Apple a few months back). Can I buy a post-paid plan (voice + data) from AT&T without a contract?

I checked with 2 AT&T stores nearby, and they basically told me that I have to sign up for a 2 year contract even if I had my own phone.

The first store told me that a 2 year contract is required if I needed a plan with data. The second store told me that a 2 year contract is required if I had an iPhone.

When I called AT&T Customer Care to double check, I was told that I can buy a post-paid plan (voice + data) without a contract.

Now I'm confused. Has anyone here tried to take a new post-paid connection (voice + data) from AT&T without a contract? Please let me know.

Thank you.

If you own the phone you can do a month to month contract, the only requirement is data

Scholar

• 

289 Messages

12 years ago

@wingrider01 wrote:

@desmond_sambath wrote:

Hi,

Thank you.

If you own the phone you can do a month to month contract, the only requirement is data

What wingrider01 said ^^ Once you get a phone you can do whatever you want to with it, the phone is yours. You can sell it, give it away, throw it in the trash, burn it, or throw it out the window of your car on the highway lol im just kidding but you get the point. You do not need a contract to have postpaid service all that is required is a credit check to determine if there is a deposit or not. The contract, in my opinion, is to get the phone at a cheaper price.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you very much guys.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

My situation is different, I have an iphone-4 which was paid for a long time ago with AT&T. I went to the AT&Tstore and asked about unlocking the phone and the rep told me all I had to do is go online to AT&T.com to unlock, but there seems there is no url or link that will take you to a place to unlock the phone. Who or what do I do to unlock my iphone-4?

Octavio

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.