Need help understanding your bill?
starsky's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, January 18th, 2019 12:00 AM

Porting just ONE of my 5 ATT numbers to Google Voice and Concern of Account Issues

I just ported my old landline number to my ATT account so now I have a total of 5 mobile numbers. (4 previous mobile numbers I've had for years and this new one.)

Now I would like to port this old landline number (that is now on ATT and part of my 5 lines) over to Google Voice just to park the number. I do NOT want to disrupt my other 4 mobile numbers I have with my ATT account. I only want to port this ONE number from my ATT account to Google Voice and leave the rest as-is.

When I went to port / transfer my old landline number (now an ATT number) from ATT into Google Voice, I saw a generic warning message from the Google Voice system:

"Your mobile phone service plan will be terminated when you port your number to Google Voice and your carrier may charge you an early termination fee."

Taken literally, that is a scary message! I want to keep my 4 mobile numbers. I ONLY want to move that one number that used to be my old landline.

Can someone confirm to me that when I port a SINGLE number from my multi-number account it won't close, or mess with in any way, my existing other 4 numbers and relationship with ATT?

Much appreciated,

MHC

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

It only terminates your one line, not your account.  Just as your landline service was terminated when you posted to wireless.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.