Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Impacted by the government shutdown? AT&T can help.  Learn more

Porting from Google Voice

Highlighted
Contributor

Porting from Google Voice

I ported my phone number from to Google Voice when I went aboard last year. I am returning to America and would like to port my number back to att (family plan). How can I do this? I have my old sim card; can I use that? 

Message 1 of 13
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by Community Support (Community Support)
Accepted by ATTMobilityCare
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Porting from Google Voice

Hi there @shaboozal91

I’d be happy to welcome you back to AT&T! First, you would need to follow the steps posted by Google here. Once completed, visit our Transfer Your Number page to begin the process!

I hope this helps!

Charise

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 13
Contributor

Thank you for your response.

I still have my old sim card ( I ported to Google Voice about 6 months ago ). Can I report my number and use the same sim card? Can I rejoin my family's family plan? 

Message 3 of 13
Community Manager
Solution
Accepted by Community Manager (Community Manager)
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Hi @shaboozal91

You can rejoin your family plan, a primary account holder will need to complete a port on AT&T's end. You will, however, have to get a new SIM card as a deactivated SIM card can not be reactivated. Any corporate AT&T store can help you with the entire process too and give you a SIM card for free.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 13
Contributor

I am trying to purchase an iPhone SE with 16 GB that is silver online from Best buy and it says I need my wireless account number // what is that? And I tried registering from straight talk to at &t and it says that My number isn't eligible. Help me please!
Message 5 of 13
Tutor

I currently have an ATT number and a Google Voice number for work.  I would like to port my Google Voice number over to ATT and replace my ATT number with my current Google Voice number.  I have unlocked my GV number.  I called ATT and was told that ATT cannot accept Google voice numbers.  Is there any way I can make this happen?  I do not want to use GV anymore because I do not like the user options.  I do however need to keep this number because it is my work number.  

Message 6 of 13
ACE - Expert

@gnblase Did you try the above instructions?

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 13
Tutor

Yes.
Message 8 of 13
Teacher

I see that this topic is 6+ months old - can someone from AT&T verify that porting in from Google Voice is possible? 

I am considering AT&T for service (both pre and post-paid) and ability to port-in and use my Google Voice # is a must. So far, I've been told that Cricket will not allow it, but T-Mobile will. 

Thanks

Message 9 of 13
ACE - Sage

@shootfire  Of course you can port in your GV number.  People do so all the time.  You need your credentials to complete port and you should do so in an ATT store, not online.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 10 of 13
Contributor

I did the transfer online when I started new service and have received my device. I have data service and can make and send phone calls and texts but I still receive them through Google Hangouts. It's been about a week and I was wondering if there was another step I had to take to finalize the nmber transfer from Google to At&t

Message 11 of 13
Contributor

Has there been any update on this? I just ported in my google voice number to att prepaid and am having the same issues.

Message 12 of 13
Tutor

[image: Website]
[image:
Property Search]
[image:
Buyers]
[image:
Sellers]
[image:
Our Team]
[image:
Blog]
[image:
Contact]

[image: Red Door Group / Our Door Is Always Open]

I spent hours on the phone with customer care and got no where. I finally
was transferred to a special department that took care of it right away.
Unfortunately, I cannot remember what the department was called but it was
more of a special technical issues department vs customer service and the
guy that helped me had no problem porting my number. I wish I could help
more and give more specifics. Good luck! It was a maddening experience
for sure.
Message 13 of 13
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support