For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
katlynkulack's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, January 2nd, 2015 4:58 PM

Porting a number

I used to have Element Mobile but switched to Verizon before Element go bought out by AT&T. I want to port my old Element Mobile number over to Verizon. Do I contact AT&T to do that now thar they bought out Element Mobile? Or who?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

9 years ago

@katlynkulack wrote:
I used to have Element Mobile but switched to Verizon before Element go bought out by AT&T. I want to port my old Element Mobile number over to Verizon. Do I contact AT&T to do that now thar they bought out Element Mobile? Or who?

The carrier you are porting the number to should take care of everything. Let Verizon know the number you wish to port (you may have to provide some proof it is your number to port) and they should take care of everything. Now if you started your Verizon service on a new number and now want to switch that to your old Element Mobile number, I'm not sure you can do that. If you terminated your old service, the old number is gone. If you still have the old service, porting it to Verizon will mean setting up a new line with Verizon.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

If your old account is closed, that number is gone. You have to port he number out before the account was closed.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks! Now that I know that I cannot port this number, my next questiom is can I go into Verizon to change my number and choose thw one I wanted? That number has been around for over 20 years and was super easy to remember. That's why I would like it back. Sorry I have to ask AT&T these questions, Verizon has not been very helpful.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I am trying to Port my prepaid Phone number to Project Fi,

Project Fi is asking for account # and Pin number. I am not able to find an account number or pin number any where. Tried to use my Phone number as account number and login PIN as ping number, but no luck.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

You will have to call 611 from your phone or ATT's 800 901 9878 as ask for your account number. The pin will be the pin you set up when you register your pre-paid on ATT in order to load it.  Super easy, and your new carrier will do the rest once this info is given to them.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.