For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
AZDavid's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, May 27th, 2016 2:59 AM

Porting Number From Google Voice

I stopped into a local AT&T store several weeks back to initiate the process to port my phone number from Google Voice to AT&T.  A week ago I called and was told the number porting process showed as approved on AT&T's side.  AT&T is saying everything is complete and Google is saying the same.  The number is stuck in limbo on Google's side.  The message Google shows is below.  What can I do from here?  I've literally been waiting weeks for the number to transfer.

Warning: Google Voice has successfully approved your request, but the carrier to whom you are porting hasn't completed their necessary action. If you are still having issues and your number doesn't successfully port in 2-3 business days, please contact your new carrier for support, as Google Voice is unable to take any additional action.

Thank you

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

The Number Transfer/Port Status continues to show "Confirmed" on the www.att.com/port/ web page.  I called again and AT&T rep states everything looks good for the transfer.  Google Voice still shows a status of "Unlocked (Approved)".  What can I do from here?

Thank you

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

Do you have a SIM card and an active phone with ATT.  Until then, the number isn't completely ported to ATT.  I suggest contacting ATT again, preferably in a store to activate a phone with the number. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I recently got my daughter a cell phone. Before this, she had only used Google Voice to text with friends. ATT says the port is complete but when anyone tries to call her, it still says that Google voice is trying to connect the call. Once in about every three calls, she'll get one through the att network. 

Also, it seems I am unable to send her video or picture messages on her phone and I feel this is also something to do with the port. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Also in my case, ATT says SIM is activated

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am having this same issue.  Did your port eventually work from Google Voice to ATT?  Did you go back to the store and they fixed the problem?  What steps did you take to fix the issue.  Thank you!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.