Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Phones suspended without suspension notice

Contributor

Phones suspended without suspension notice

I've always made my payment and held my end of arrangement deals made. Had an arrangement set up for 7/12/19. Payment went thru on that date, like always. Today, 7/29/19, my phone's got suspended. Ive always gotten an email about past due bill. When I receive that email, I always went to the app and set up payment.  No payment arrangement ever broken, no bill never not paid, my account is suspended without a notice whatsoever. Not even given a chance to set up an arrangement or anything. I call and ask to get something worked out cause we can't go 5 days without phone service. "CANT DO ANYTHING FOR YOU!!" I offered any payment method they wanted, even offered to set up autopay. Can't do diddly squat. I think I should've at least been given a chance to make an arrangement or something before, BAM, SUSPENDED. I'm in the national guard and have my annual training starting next Monday (8/5/19) and been dealing with that, as far as calls, getting stuff packed, and getting my junior enlisted soldiers squared away and questions answered. You would think I'd at least be offered an arrangement to make it right other than, OH SORRY CANT DO ANYTHING FOR YOU OTHER THAN PAY THIS VERY SECOND. 

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Master

Re: Phones suspended without suspension notice

Your service can be suspended at any time past the due date. AT&T is not required to notify you before suspending service, and once your service is suspended, no payment arrangements can be made. You need to pay in full to restore service.

In fact, your payment history determines how quickly you'll be suspended. If you've paid late and had to schedule payment arrangements multiple times, then AT&T will suspend your service more quickly than normal since the system flags you as a delinquent customer. If you needed your phone that badly, you should have paid for it on time or before it was due.

**Disclaimer: I don't work for AT&T, have never worked for AT&T, and have never been compensated by them in any way, shape, or form**
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Phones suspended without suspension notice

@NETXboy wrote:

I've always made my payment and held my end of arrangement deals made. Had an arrangement set up for 7/12/19. Payment went thru on that date, like always. Today, 7/29/19, my phone's got suspended. Ive always gotten an email about past due bill. When I receive that email, I always went to the app and set up payment.  No payment arrangement ever broken, no bill never not paid, my account is suspended without a notice whatsoever. Not even given a chance to set up an arrangement or anything. I call and ask to get something worked out cause we can't go 5 days without phone service. "CANT DO ANYTHING FOR YOU!!" I offered any payment method they wanted, even offered to set up autopay. Can't do diddly squat. I think I should've at least been given a chance to make an arrangement or something before, BAM, SUSPENDED. I'm in the national guard and have my annual training starting next Monday (8/5/19) and been dealing with that, as far as calls, getting stuff packed, and getting my junior enlisted soldiers squared away and questions answered. You would think I'd at least be offered an arrangement to make it right other than, OH SORRY CANT DO ANYTHING FOR YOU OTHER THAN PAY THIS VERY SECOND. 

If you are past your due date, your service can be suspended at any time. Payment arrangements must be made before the due date. Sounds like this was a learning experience. You will need to figure out a way to pay the whole balance (not just the past due) before your service is restored. You should look at your account online and determine the balance, so you can start figuring out a way to pay. Going forward, a more affordable plan would be a good idea. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Learn how to view & pay your bill. View AT&T Bill Help!
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support