Need help understanding your bill?
SomeOddGirl's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Saturday, October 22nd, 2011 1:12 AM

Phone and GoPhone

Hi! My brother is Mr Tech guy and he'll shortly be upgrading his phone and has a Samsung Captivate that I can have. He has a regular contract plan but I have the GoPhone plan (I don't do alot of talking and such), would my SIM card work in the phone? He is an ATT customer. Thanks so much!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

12 years ago

@SomeOddGirl wrote:

Hi! My brother is Mr Tech guy and he'll shortly be upgrading his phone and has a Samsung Captivate that I can have. He has a regular contract plan but I have the GoPhone plan (I don't do alot of talking and such), would my SIM card work in the phone? He is an ATT customer. Thanks so much!

Yes. The Gophone SIM card will work in the Samsung Captivate. Sometimes the SIM card may be locked to your GoPhone. If so, you can go to an AT&T store to get the SIM unlocked or they will likely give you a new prepaid SIM card for free if you buy airtime at the same time.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you! I had heard both yes and no so going to the source seemed like the thing to do 🙂 I've switched my SIM card to other phones before just wanted to make sure though. Thanks again!

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

12 years ago

@SomeOddGirl wrote:

Most definitely - take it from someone with experience. I'm using a Samsung Captivate with my GoPhone account, and it works exceptionally. The best part is, there is no data plan required for use with a prepaid smartphone. 😉

Enjoy! I'm sure enjoying mine!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.