Need help understanding your bill?
airwinger's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, November 14th, 2018 3:24 AM

Phone Plans

After 22 yrs of being a loyal AT&T customer, all our "6" family phones will be switching to Verizon. I currently pay AT&T $243/month for our service plan (15 mgs) plan. Verizon is giving us $140/month with unlimited text/data plan. I've attempted to speak with someone at AT&T to see if they will match it, but I've had no luck. Local rep tells us "tough luck" in getting to speak with any one at corporate of getting them to match the  plan. He stated that AT&T does not care about current subscribers as they only give great plans to NEW customers. It seems all companies are the same. He suggested we move to Verizon and come back in 90+ days to get a better plan. Why should I do this? We've been happy with AT&T for 22 yrs, but feel as though we are being screwed and they don't care about us as loyal customers. We spend approx $700/month with them; cell phones, IPads, Uverse tv and house phones. Now we're looking to move back to Verizon and Comcast. Everyone should do this and show all these phone companies they should not treat loyal customers like crap!!!

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

I don’t believe for one minute Verizon is offering 6 lines on unlimited for $140.  And I’m pretty sure ATT doesn’t either.  They are happy to let you go, knowing your going to get screwed on the price (somebody lied to you). 

I STRONGLY suggest you double check what you are buying.  

Im former Verizon, they DO NOT barter on price.   The price for new and current customers is the same.  There is no “deal” on plans.  

Just the $20 per line on capped plans plus tax will exceed $160 a month.  And that doesn’t include any phones yet.  

FYI the base price on Verizon go unlimited for 6 lines is $240, not 140.   

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

To back up what @lizdance40 said, here is the link to Verizon's unlimited plans: https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you for the info. Looking at the Verizon plan, it's still cheaper than the AT&T plan that we have now. If you all would match their plan, I would love to stay. Unfortunately, AT&T doesn't care for longggggggggggg loyal customers. 4 phones, unlimited text/data for $160/month minus $40/month military discount is much cheaper than what we pay now. 2 Ipads for $20/month is the same, but we'll keep the Ipads just on WiFi. Black Friday deals are also coming, so they will add more benefits. Thank you again for the info.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@airwinger I suggest you price out ATT’s current Unlimited & More plans. ATT’s military discount on those plans is 25% but that is on every line. I suspect your discount would exceed $40 and your overall price will be less than Verizon. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

It's unlimited text and data, but phones are extra.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@airwinger Unlimited & More Premium, 4 lines: $190 - 25% discount ($47.50) = $142.50

Unlimited & More, 4 lines: $160 - 25% discount ($40) = $120. Nearly the same pricing as Verizon. You would need to compare plan extras (Watch TV, premium service, etc) to see which is best. Of course, no need to buy new phones if you don’t switch.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@airwinger

The plan Verizon theybpriced is the cheap plan, the one without hotspot, always deprioritized.  If you take ‘free’ iPads, you are under contract for 2 years and required to pay for service, that means another line charge.  

@sandblaster Priced the premium plan, which is not depriortized until after 22 gigs per line, and include TV and hotspot.  

Verizon’s equivalent plan is $10 per line more than your quote 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@sandblaster

It does make me wonder what dodo bird didn’t quote a military family as you did.   This is a no brainer for a US ATT employee, so I assume it was not.   

SMH

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I was told by AT&T employee at the center that in order to get this plan, I'd have to be gone for 90+ and then come back. Why not cut the bull and just give it to me now? I want to stay with AT&T, but not if it costs me $1,200 a year extra than Verizon. Maybe I'll just leave and come back later, maybe...

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

That’s baloney. You can switch to any current plan anytime. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.