Pay As You Go in canada

Tutor

Pay As You Go in canada

Hi Guys,

 

Looking to see if the pay as you go phone will roam in montreal canada? I can't see coverage on the map but if you go on rogers website it's go full coverage.

 

Thanks

Message 1 of 25 (3,067 Views)
Professor

Re: Pay As You Go in canada

Where in Canada?

Message 16 of 25 (2,811 Views)
ACE - Guru

Re: Pay As You Go in canada

Hi ilikewireless, 

 The coverage for roaming in Canada  with AT&T Gophone are area with Rogers Wireless Coverage.

 Hope that's help.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 25 (2,802 Views)
Tutor

Re: Pay As You Go in canada

i'm leaving for monteal friday so i'll update you all when i get there!

Message 18 of 25 (2,789 Views)
ACE - Guru

Re: Pay As You Go in canada

Hi mikl730,

   Please keep us all update ,as far as I know, This AT&T Gophone roaming in Canada works well in Vancouver BC,Calgary AB,Edmonton AB, Winnipeg MB & Toronto ON.

  I myself tested out the area of Calgary & Edmonton this weekend, The other area are tested out by my friends who all have an AT&T Gophone .But we all have a newer kind of phones (eg. Samsung Strive,Solstice 2,LG Phoenix  etc).

 We don't know how Montreal area like yet,since no one test that out,But I think it should works!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 19 of 25 (2,782 Views)
Professor

Re: Pay As You Go in canada

 


mikl730 wrote:

i'm leaving for monteal friday so i'll update you all when i get there!



Yes, we'll be happy to hear a report from you regarding Montreal.

Message 20 of 25 (2,773 Views)
Professor

Re: Pay As You Go in canada

[ Edited ]

adidaskid808 wrote:

Hi mikl730,

   Please keep us all update ,as far as I know, This AT&T Gophone roaming in Canada works well in Vancouver BC,Calgary AB,Edmonton AB, Winnipeg MB & Toronto ON.

  I myself tested out the area of Calgary & Edmonton this weekend, The other area are tested out by my friends who all have an AT&T Gophone .But we all have a newer kind of phones (eg. Samsung Strive,Solstice 2,LG Phoenix  etc).

 We don't know how Montreal area like yet,since no one test that out,But I think it should works!


Yes, that's a lot more useful than naming the carriers. The report on Calgary and Edmonton is exactly what I need.

Message 21 of 25 (2,796 Views)
ACE - Guru

Re: Pay As You Go in canada

Hi ilikewireless,

 Just to give you more info. about AT&T Gophone coverage in Alberta Canada. The phone not just only works in all Major cities in Alberta, like Edmonton ,Calgary,Lethbridge etc. It also works all the way from Highway 2 (Canada) Peace River to Coutts (Sweet Grass) Montana border. You will get cut off as soon as you hit the border crossing.Will pick up AT&T again after 6 to 8 miles on I 15 .

 

 Still remember the days when alltel  in Montana,no coverage with AT&T. I need to use roaming on my Canadian phone!!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 22 of 25 (2,783 Views)
Professor

Re: Pay As You Go in canada


adidaskid808 wrote:

Hi ilikewireless,

 Just to give you more info. about AT&T Gophone coverage in Alberta Canada. The phone not just only works in all Major cities in Alberta, like Edmonton ,Calgary,Lethbridge etc. It also works all the way from Highway 2 (Canada) Peace River to Coutts (Sweet Grass) Montana border. You will get cut off as soon as you hit the border crossing.Will pick up AT&T again after 6 to 8 miles on I 15 .

 

 Still remember the days when alltel  in Montana,no coverage with AT&T. I need to use roaming on my Canadian phone!!


Hi adidaskid808,

Excellent. Thank you again for your report. I can use my GoPhone when I go visit my relatives.

Message 23 of 25 (2,778 Views)
Tutor

Re: Pay As You Go in canada

Hi guys just reporting back that the phone works great in montreal! Roaming on rogers no problem. They should update there map on the website to get more customers so they know they can roam anywhere in canada on rogers!

Message 24 of 25 (2,762 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Re: Pay As You Go in canada


mikl730 wrote:

Hi guys just reporting back that the phone works great in montreal! Roaming on rogers no problem. They should update there map on the website to get more customers so they know they can roam anywhere in canada on rogers!



Thanks for the report. I'm glad that you can use your Gophone in Montreal.

Message 25 of 25 (2,756 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.