Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Owe money to AT&T from years back can I use go phone service now?

Contributor

Owe money to AT&T from years back can I use go phone service now?

I was dumb and switched to Verizon years ago. I never could afford to pay the ETF and it is now in collections. Will this make it where I can not use att's go phone service now. I need to know ASAP. I have a phone and want to switch tomorrow. Also can I get a sim kit in a att store?
Message 1 of 4
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Tboles91
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Owe money to AT&T from years back can I use go phone service now?

@Tboles91 wrote:
I was dumb and switched to Verizon years ago. I never could afford to pay the ETF and it is now in collections. Will this make it where I can not use att's go phone service now. I need to know ASAP. I have a phone and want to switch tomorrow. Also can I get a sim kit in a att store?

1) No, your previous account will have NO affect on getting a go phone.

2) Yes, any AT&T store should be able to help you. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

I too owe ATT money, cause Verizon is absolutely killing me! Whenever I think, I'm in the clear they slap another $200 on my bill! I truly gotta go! I don't really want a go phone, I want the 2 year contract. I know it sounds crazy, but that's what I want. Can ATT help me with that?
Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

@mnstewart74 There are no 2 year contracts anymore but if you want a postpaid plan, chances are your past history with ATT will surface. Whether that results in requiring a deposit or paying off the debt or both, I don't know. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support