Need help understanding your bill?
Tboles91's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, May 14th, 2015 3:20 AM

Owe money to AT&T from years back can I use go phone service now?

I was dumb and switched to Verizon years ago. I never could afford to pay the ETF and it is now in collections. Will this make it where I can not use att's go phone service now. I need to know ASAP. I have a phone and want to switch tomorrow. Also can I get a sim kit in a att store?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

9 years ago

@Tboles91 wrote:
I was dumb and switched to Verizon years ago. I never could afford to pay the ETF and it is now in collections. Will this make it where I can not use att's go phone service now. I need to know ASAP. I have a phone and want to switch tomorrow. Also can I get a sim kit in a att store?

1) No, your previous account will have NO affect on getting a go phone.

2) Yes, any AT&T store should be able to help you. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I too owe ATT money, cause Verizon is absolutely killing me! Whenever I think, I'm in the clear they slap another $200 on my bill! I truly gotta go! I don't really want a go phone, I want the 2 year contract. I know it sounds crazy, but that's what I want. Can ATT help me with that?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@mnstewart74 There are no 2 year contracts anymore but if you want a postpaid plan, chances are your past history with ATT will surface. Whether that results in requiring a deposit or paying off the debt or both, I don't know. 

• 

2 Messages

I am currently on my mothers line and I keep having to pay for her and my sisters phones because she never pays and I can’t afford to have my phone shut off, but shes going to allow me to sever my line and take my phone onto my own account. My fear is that I had opened an account years ago with AT and T and the phone was stolen so I never paid on the account. It was sent to collections. I’ve already paid a good chunk of my phone that I have now off, but will this past bill effect me being able to go on to my own line? I’m paying out my *** to keep my phone going on my mothers account. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.