Need help understanding your bill?
ViTawy's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, June 21st, 2017 9:15 AM

Order Cancelled; "couldn't verify your identity"

"We couldn't confirm your identity with the information you gave us, so we had to cancel your order. Don't worry. If there was a hold on your card, we'll release the funds soon.

Still want to order? Visit us at an AT&T store. Be sure to bring your identification."

I am trying to transfer a phone number from Metro PCS to AT&T. I have inputted all the correct information to verify my girlfriends identity, why couldn't AT&T ask me what information they need to verify her identity & instead of cancelling & disappointing us. Now she has to have no service because AT&T missed something.

Why offer the option & feature to order a new line & then to transfer my current number when I actually cannot do that unless I go to an AT&T store.

Would I need to go to AT&T with my girlfriend or can I complete her identity verification with the help of an AT&T employee?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I also went to a store, but they said the online sales are completely separate from offline sales, so they could not do anything about it.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Same thing I was told and they are still canceling after I was verified I spoke to 4 different reps they all said something totally different about why my order was cancelled even when we went into the store it felt like harassment I had to verify 3 previous addresses a piece of mail and the rep had to call customer service while we were in the store and was being asked did I look like the person in the ID even the local store rep was getting offended behind this so called verification check but I was verified went back home placed an online order and it was canceled in minutes this company does not need the option for online purchasing and [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]. they kept taking my money though without a problem at all then you have to wait more than 2 weeks to get your money back this is the most unprofessional phone company that I have ever encountered then has the most expensive rates like they shouldn’t have any business seriously all they do is tell lie after lie after lie 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

This happened to me as well after placing an order WITH A REPRESENTATIVE, they know exactly who you are!!!

I have placed 3 orders, after being approved for 4 lines and only having an iPad, I have tried to add a phone numerous times, the last time AT&T put a $90.00 and three $1.00 holds on my Discover card for 2 weeks, never shipped my phone and kept putting an alert on my account saying “ do you want your order canceled “, well, Evidently I didn’t or I would have canceled it but I solved the issue on my own and went to Verizon and got one the same day with no money down and NO tax up front.....

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Strongly disagree.  This happens ALL of the time with AT&T.  I have 4 lines added at different times and this happens 3 out of 4 times.  I went to Verizon and purchased the phone online with no issues and so now, 2 of the lines are no longer with AT&T.  Looks like I'll be  switching to Verizon with this 3rd line as well, though I'm just shocked they are still having this issue.

Customer service is lacking and a policy needs to be put in place to notify customers at the time the order is placed rather than 24-48 hours later.  Furthermore, a hold SHOULD be placed on the order rather than a CANCEL if the intent is to preserve the customers business and show goodwill for the inconvenience.  As a business professional this type of continued oversight is just unacceptable. Verizon seems to get this basic principle so... I guess that's my final word on the matter.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Why does AT&T give the option to pre-order online if we have to go into a store to verify that it I am the one purchasing the phone. I live 115miles from the nearest AT&T store.... what do I do then?

• 

25 Messages

because there bad business people thats why...they don't want your business...go elsewhere thats my advice

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

5 years ago

You're only told to go to a store to verify your identity if your order triggers a flag that it might be fraudulent. If that's the case, no one can override it. You either go to the store to verify your identity or you don't get the phone.

• 

25 Messages

4 years ago

(Edited per community guidelines) ATT. I had same problem...will never do business with this company..I have to beg you to take my money...blow me!!

(edited)

• 

25 Messages

4 years ago

I had same problem!!! Was going to buy stock in this company. Never heard of s company turn away business like this!!Will never do business with ATT as long as I live...blow me!!!

• 

25 Messages

4 years ago

why have online sign up and then deny people. If the rest of the company is run like this, who the (Edited per community guidelines) wants your service..im glad they denied me..saved me the headache and waste of time dealing with these people...blow me!!@

(edited)

• 

25 Messages

4 years ago

my advice, try a different company!!lol
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.