For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
PandaGnomes's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, October 5th, 2017 8:10 AM

Office of the President Escalation - Billing Cancellation Issue

So my husband and I had a wireless account with AT&T for almost two years, I've also had our U-verse account with our business with AT&T for almost 5 years now. We cancelled our wireless service with them and changed over to Sprint because we did not get service in our new apartment. My husband paid over the phone with the giftcards Sprint sent to us, tossed the giftcards and called it a day. Well, last week, we received a collections letter in the mail and started to receive collections calls. Of course, we looked for our confirmation of payment email or number but did not find one, signed onto the account, did not find anything. Now I was confused, I chatted in and spoke to a representative (Suzan) who apologized sincerely and told me my account would be credited because it was obvious the other representative over the phone put the credit on the wrong account!! Suzan told me to wait 5 days for the credit to be applied to the account. I waited, and waited, but nothing was ever credited. So my husband chatted in again, and I spoke to a finance representative who also confirmed what probably happened was that the accounts were switched on accident and my payment went to another account, she told me to get with customer service since she couldn't do anything on her end without the giftcard numbers. She was nice, and very helpful. I chatted in once more and I was promised by another representative by the name of Richardson that I would be receiving the credit back on the account within 30 minutes. I was like, great! This is resolved! I saved all the transcripts.

How wrong I was. 30 minutes went past, nothing happened. I waited 2 more hours, no credit on the account. So I chatted in again because it was 2am at this point and the call center was closed. I ended up getting one of the RUDEST customer service agents I have EVER dealt with in my life. She basically told me I had to submit all kinds of forms of ID and weird information in order to get the credit. I explained to her that I was now not only promised by one, but TWO representatives of AT&T that I would be receiving this credit due to another rep's negligence with OUR money and now something was in COLLECTIONS because of them! I went back and forth with this rep for awhile, her name was Angela until eventually I told her I wanted to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor not only mocked me (and I have the transcript saved!) but she basically told me there was nothing she could do, and no one else was there to help me. She didn't listen to a word I had to say and went I sent the transcripts that the other reps had promised me this credit to which she basically told me "So? Reps can't promise anything like this." I was so mad at this points, I asked to speak to her manager to which she told me the manager was unavailable and basically that the manager did not wish to speak with me.

I find this extremely unacceptable. And extremely unprofessional of your supervisor to treat not a former customer, but a current business customer like this. I have been with AT&T for a good part of my life, I've spent tens of thousands of dollars with this company and the one time I really need help, customer service completely failed us.

Not only this, but because of this possible collections, it may have gone onto our credit report, and we are currently building a house that will be finished in 4 months, and if this is not cleared up by then and off our credit reports we could easily lose our house. (Anyone who has built a house understands how careful you have to be during the building process). But because of AT&T's rep's negligence with our payment, and the promises the representatives of this company gave me then failed on I am so disappointed and angry I'm ready to pull my business plan with AT&T and my parents are ready to pull their U-verse and wireless plans back to Sprint as well. You are failing in the customer service area so hard, you cannot promise things to customers and then pull back on them last minute due to your policies. If your reps are not trained in the policies, that is not my fault, that is your fault as trainers and customer service leadership and the blame falls upon you and your directors.

If this is not resolved soon, I will be going to the BBB and other forums and my neighbor is a host on the channel 8 news here, and it will be very interesting if this collections has ruined our chances of having our home built. I would like a call back, or to speak with someone directly who can fix this issue and no longer cause me anymore grief. I would like to stay with AT&T, but not if they lie like this to their customers who spend thousands of dollars a month on their services..

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

Did you contact Sprint for info on the gift cards?   

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

7 years ago

At&t will not hear your pleas here this is a customer to customer forum

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Sounds like my experience.  I have transcript of my calls and have shared with my local news customer reporting as well.  And posted and found friends with similar experiences.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.