Need help understanding your bill?
sfsapper's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, April 2nd, 2018 12:35 PM

No signal at new house

So we have recently bought a new home and there is 0 signal there, I mean not even roaming, it shows a circle with a line through it in the signal bar area Now according to the coverage map on the website, we should have high def voice and 4g lte but there is not when you are standing out there in the real world, I have 13 acres i walked around most of my property and there was nothing. We also have no cable or broadband yet so a phone is a must for emergencies Can we cancel without being charged early cancellation and things like that.

Scholar

• 

218 Messages

6 years ago

AT&T has not had contracts for a few years now, there are no early cancellation fees. If you have phones which you bought on the installment plan, you will have to pay those off. 

Before you do that look into WIFI calling.

Guru

• 

561 Messages

6 years ago

It sometimes happens.  The one thing you may want to check and see is if the phones carry the right bands and are compatible for that area.  ATT may be roaming off someone else in that area also, so you may want to make sure you have roaming on.  Best to check with neighbors in the area to see if they get any coverage if the map shows it available.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@sfsapper Did you check the signal before your purchased? Has something changed?

Odds are you don't have a "contract" but if you're making no-interest Next payments, you do need to pay your phone off when you cancel (just like if you put the phone on a credit card).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.