Need help understanding your bill?
Mhornack7's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, April 14th, 2014 4:40 PM

No one cares or helps

I have been trying to resolve my payment issue with AT&T since APRIL 3 and am still waiting for a resolution! My payment by phone was debited from the wrong account EVEN THOUGH I GAVE THE CORRECT ACCOUNT INFO TO THE PERSON ON THE PHONE ON APRIL 1. It was incorrectly debited from another account I called once I knew that bank had paid the bill and was told that a refund would be posted to my bank account within 3-5 business days. That never happened. Plus, I was then sent emails asking for a copy of my bank statement that also said I would have to wait a full 10 business days without this. I faxed in a copy directly from my bank. Today, I am being told I may have to wait another 10 days for my refund. I also was told that I would have to make a cash or credit card payment for the refund amount in advance of the refund! I finally spoke to Samantha who allowed me to schedule a new payment. She then said that she would see about expediting my refund and call me back. That was two hours ago. I have not received a call. I just want the refund that I was promised. I AM TIRED OF WAITING!

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

10 years ago

Debited out of the wrong account? are you saying it came out of someone elses account or another of your accounts? if that were the case wouldnt it have been easier to just transfer the money from the correct account into the account that was debited rather than deal with the refund? Or am i just missing something here?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

No. I have a saved account number online and that's the one he used.

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

10 years ago

When you call into ATT customer care they usually record the phone call( so they say) for training, and quality purposes. See if they have that recording to make sure  you gave them the right account number. Also, check that you have everything setup right; as in :bank routing number, and correct account number( depending on your bank you might have to put additional numbers in, in order to transfer funds). Was the other account yours, or someone else?

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @Mhornack7 

I'm sorry you're having some billing issues. Refunds usually take longer because of company's and/or bank's policies and there might be very little that anyone can do to expedite them, but if there is anything we can help you with, our team will be happy to assist. Please send us a private message by clicking here with your name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Please let me know it you have any questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I did finally receive the refund. And I made the new payment the way I originally wanted, but I can tell you that no one should ever have to go through this customer service nightmare. Take care of your customers and they will want to take care of you!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.