Need help understanding your bill?
notscrewedbyya's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, November 29th, 2018 10:00 PM

No more prorate.

I guess everyone is lesaving att and now they are giving trying to say you can only cancel on the last day of billing cycle or bill will not be prorated.   SIMPLE SOLUTION...the services shall not be prorated either.   Att cuts service when they cut bill!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

561 Messages

5 years ago

No carrier has ever prorated final bills, and this has already been posted here hundreds of times.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@melissawig wrote:

I have to pay a $199.98 bill for 1 day of service because my billing period ended Mar 19 and I cancelled on Mar 20. Never will I ever get service with AT&T again. 

Since At&t announced it was making the change to “fall in line with industry standards” you might want to remember your new provider probably doesn’t prorate.   At&t is always last, and when it works in the customers favor it’s appreciated.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@TROLLEDYOUSO   Is correct, carriers bill month to month and do not prorate. The exception seems to be Google Fi.  

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

https://m.androidcentral.com/att-will-stop-prorating-bills-if-you-cancel-service-after-jan-14-2019

@notscrewedbyya   

If you actually read the information 

Starting January 14, 2019, if you disconnect these services before the bill period is over, we won't offer those prorated credits anymore. But, you can still use your services until the last day of your bill period.”

So let’s say you bill cycle ends on the 14.  You can cancel on the 15th and still use service till the 14th.  Exactly the same way Cox and Comcast do it.  

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

So full information is in this thread, the article @lizdance40 post (which I assume is what @notscrewedbyya was referring to) is about AT&T TV (Direct TV or Uverse), landline phone, and internet service. The article is somewhat confusing by stating wireless service and Direct TV Now are not affected. They aren't affected because they've never been prorated. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@MicCheck wrote:

So full information is in this thread, the article @lizdance40 post (which I assume is what @notscrewedbyya was referring to) is about AT&T TV (Direct TV or Uverse), landline phone, and internet service. The article is somewhat confusing by stating wireless service and Direct TV Now are not affected. They aren't affected because they've never been prorated. 

The writer of the article had, as usual, taken facts and written a  piece without getting ALL the facts.  This is how the ‘news media’ work these days.  Pitifull how often I read “news” that is poorly written, partially informative, partially true, and very much slanted by the writer.  

If you read the comments, someone calls out his error, and he actually says he goofed up

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

So why am I just now getting the notice with my monthly bill of the change to my terms of service agreement? It states that EFFECTIVE January 124, 2019, my recurring service/programming charges and fees won't be prorated if I cancel the above services/programming on any day other than the last day of my billing cycle.  Bottom line: No refunds at all.  Is this a legal way to steal from the public?  

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@richard4410

What is wrong about advance notice?   

And that is not what the notice said.  

If you read the notice, your service continues to the end of the bill cycle and you’re paying for it till the end also.  Service is not terminated mid month and neither is billing.  Whether or not you use the service is up to you.  Yes it’s legal.  Almost every other carrier does it this way,  

FYI if I cancel Netflix, Hulu, or any other prepaid service, they don’t refund either.  The service terminated at the end of your paid month.  

If you intend to start new service, have it installed on the day of, or day before your ATT/DTV service is scheduled to end.  

ATT is one of the last to do this.  Other TV and internet providers have never prorated final months services.  (Cox, Frontier, Comcast for example).  

Cellular services have never been prorated and no cell carrier save one does so (Google Fi)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Well, we had problems with our service and they won't fix it because we asked for a cancellation at the end of the cycle.  

So YES THIS IS STEALING.

We are paying for a service that we are not receiving.   

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have to pay a $199.98 bill for 1 day of service because my billing period ended Mar 19 and I cancelled on Mar 20. Never will I ever get service with AT&T again. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.