Need help understanding your bill?
JenniferSEATAC's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, January 6th, 2017 1:23 AM

Newgistics lost my AT&T phone return

On December 27, 2016, I called AT&T and spoke to an agent. I told him that I had to return a phone because it didn't work with my hearing aid. I was told to return the phone using the original packing materials and USPS return label.

On December 29, 2016, I returned an ATT phone using the USPS label provided with the original order. I tracked the return on USPS. After a week of no status change, I checked USPS again and found a status of "Tendered to Returns Agent." The shipping partner was newgistics.

On January 5, 2017, I went to the newgistics website and entered my tracking number. The Reference Number was "Unknown," the Status was "In Transit," and the Destination was "N/A."

Like other AT&T customers who have had problems with newgistics, I am stuck as well. I need help and don't know what to do. Can someone with AT&T advise me?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@JenniferSEATAC You have the receipt from when you dropped off the phone at the post office?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

I have the tracking number provided on the AT&T USPS label and a photocopy of the USPS label. The post office does not provide a receipt when you mail a package using a USPS label.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

ACE,
I also have the tracking summary from newgistics that shows I dropped off the package at the Redmond, Washington USPS office.  I;ve blocked out the tracking number, but can provide it to you by private email.

Here is a copy of the information: 
Tracking Summary
Ship Date Tracking Number Reference Number Current Status Destination Estimated Delivery
Unknown 92023xxxxxxxxx Unknown In Transit N/A  
Tracking Details

Ship Date Tracking Number Reference Number Current Status Destination

Event Date Event Time Event Description Location
1/3/17 11:38 AM Arrival at USPS REDMOND, WA 980526744
JenniferSEATAC

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@JenniferSEATAC wrote:

I have the tracking number provided on the AT&T USPS label and a photocopy of the USPS label.

The post office does not provide a receipt when you mail a package using a USPS label.

The half-dozen post offices I frequent provide me with a reciept when using a label. It's the whole reason I take orders inside, so that I have the reciept to show that I passed the responsibility on to the next person in the delivery chain.

They have even given me a receipt when using a newgistics "smartlabel" for AT&T.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

ACE,

I do have proof that I mailed the package at the USPS office. I just don't have a handwritten receipt.

If you go online to USPS.com and enter the USPS number, the status shows when the package was "Accepted" at the Redmond office and then handed off to newgistics ("Tendered to Return Agent).

I also have proof that newgistics received the package as the USPS tracking number appears on the Track a Package page of their website. The status lists the tracking number, but the rest of the information is a dead end. There is no reference number, status, destination, or estimated delivery information. These fields are blank. There is no one to call, no chat, or no customer service at this site.

By private email, I can provide the tracking number and links so you can look at this information for yourself.

Will you be able to help me?  Do you have any advice? I would like to get reimbursed for the very expensive phone. I don't know what else to do.

Thanks, JenniferSEATAC

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@JenniferSEATAC I only asked if you had a receipt and you said "post office does not provide a receipt when you mail a package using a USPS label" which does not match my many experiences with the post office or with my return experience with AT&T. 

Also, it wouldn't be a handwritten receipt, it'd be printed by the computer. 

Just to double-check, this is the site you are using? http://www.tracking.smartlabel.com

I'm not sure that you have a problem yet. 

You mailed it less than a week ago over a holiday weekend.

You haven't mentioned any issues other than the tracking info hasn't made it to the other end.

You haven't said they are charging you or saying you haven't returned it.

It's hard to dispute something that doesn't appear to be an issue yet.

Keep paper copies of the tracking info. (Not sure how long it'll stay on the site).

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

7 years ago

I also was told by my postal worker when I went in that she couldn't provide me a receipt.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@mamaw9 wrote:
I also was told by my postal worker when I went in that she couldn't provide me a receipt.

I'd never return something to the store without getting a reciept (unless they handed me cash!), there is no way I'm handing a package with piece of valuable electronics in it without a receipt.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

7 years ago

They never found my phone. I cancelled service with them after all of this I had next plan on 4 phones paid everything but the lost phone tried everything to get it resolved literally about 40 hours in about a month. I researched this issue explained there was one they actually said they were aware but it didn't affect mine and if I just return it I can get my copy edit. Are you kidding me!?!?! I have been a customer since Illinois bell and so was another person on my account who will never do any product of ATT again and she was a customer for 35 years. I had all of their services which I also paid for since I made the conscience decision of terminating my contract. I will not pay for something that they lost and know there was this issue. I have my half of the packing slip. Newgistics is a service that comes to the post office like a courier how do I know that person didn't steal it. Once I handed it to the postal worker it was not my problem anymore. I also had a return for my husbands phone and no issues at all. I would upgrade my phone every year so I did a return once a year if not more if the phone messed up. I I st don't understand even on the forums you see all of these issues but yet treat us like thieves. Good luck.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

.... Hi, I'm  with  AT&T for long 26 years  ( at least 10 years to long) . Just recently I  have  same problem . On  Jan 4/2017  I  return a  phone  to  AT&T . Following   their instruction  ,I attached the          pre-paid label ( send by the company ) and drop the box in the post office .  Somehow the box got lost . When I learn about , I ask  the AT&T for investigation ,  no respond . Now they bill me for $ 700   Why ?  I follow they instructions .Maybe they should change the returning processes . How about to return the units to local  AT&T  company stores ,unless that is not profitable for the  company .              I pay insurance fee for all the years . Since the digital phone come on the market  I  never make any claim  . When we had problem with the unit ,despite the fact that I had insurance  I always paid full price on my own .It was a first time .For so long never got from them any free replacement . I never abuse the fact that I have insurance . I can't be trustworthy .  Yesterday because I did'nt pay the       $700  ,they suspended  my two lines . It is outrageous . Try to resolve the problem for whole day .Nobody to talk too . Nobody to make any decision  .They switch  me from department to department .No results . I was put on hold so many times , once  even for 45min , then again for 60 min .               Try to chat , same effects . They jeopardize my life  by ignoring me to find the solution  to the problem                            This days they have  very few nice representative, but  in general the service is terrible .                             Right hand don't know what the left hand is doing .I'm so upset & annoi .For few years we had  many lines ....but some of the family members  lost the patience's . Now  ,after 26 years , I have only two  and  really  consider  to close them..The AT&T  is getting worse and worse on all issue,  like   costumer's service ,constant overcharges ,arrogance & ignorance  . It is a shame .                                                                 [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]. Enough is Enough.                                                            Who else  got the same or other problems .How you resolve them .

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.