For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
JenniferSEATAC's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, January 6th, 2017 1:23 AM

Newgistics lost my AT&T phone return

On December 27, 2016, I called AT&T and spoke to an agent. I told him that I had to return a phone because it didn't work with my hearing aid. I was told to return the phone using the original packing materials and USPS return label.

On December 29, 2016, I returned an ATT phone using the USPS label provided with the original order. I tracked the return on USPS. After a week of no status change, I checked USPS again and found a status of "Tendered to Returns Agent." The shipping partner was newgistics.

On January 5, 2017, I went to the newgistics website and entered my tracking number. The Reference Number was "Unknown," the Status was "In Transit," and the Destination was "N/A."

Like other AT&T customers who have had problems with newgistics, I am stuck as well. I need help and don't know what to do. Can someone with AT&T advise me?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I had similar issues again.  NEXT upgrade issues 2 years in a row means I am done with AT&T.  This time, they promptly billed me $400 with no information/description.  I inquired and was told that the fee would disappear once my returned phones were processed.  Just in case, the charge was supposedly put in a suspended state so my service wouldn't get shutdown.  A few days later, they shutdown my service.

This year, the issue started when AT&T received two phones from me - so Newgistics did their part. AT&T accepted one but shipped one back to me and billed me for it. The problem is that they shipped the phone to an address from 10 years ago.

They just didn't care that they were billing me for something that they A: rejected incorrectly, and B: effectively lost. It took 8 or 10 calls, and countless hours on the phone to resolve the issue.

Once my phones are paid-down a bit more, I'm paying them off and leaving AT&T.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

That is extremely frustrating. 

My issue may be that ATT uses a very lame return service (Smart Parcel), but at least tell people that it will take a longer time than 5 business days!   Wouldnt you think that if they send you a bad phone, which is what happened in my case, that they would do their best to expedite the return and get a new one out to you? 

I will fight to have any charges billed for this phone line during this period of not having a phone.  A phone that ATT sent out as bad. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Alls I can say is keep trying did you take a picture of the package at least? That’s what saved me mine got resolved a year later but I was persistent with calling and it was so annoying to explain the situation over and over I spent hours and hours of my life on the phone with att and usps and newgistics

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@jfulgi wrote:

USPS Tracking stopped after one week. 

Did you try tracking at http://www.tracking.smartlabel.com

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Same exact issue here with 2 returns (mine and my wife's phone upgrading to new iPhones). I have proof that I shipped to USPS. USPS last status is 10/5 and says Delivered to Agent.  Newgistics last status is 10/5 and says "Picked Up by Shipping Agent" Nothing after that. As far as I'm concerned my liability ended when USPS delivered the phones to Newgistics who AT&T partners with for "last-mile" delivery.  If they screwed up or had a theft or whatever, that is between AT&T and them and I should have zero liability at that point.  In my case the two charges appeared out of no-where (no warning emails) and were for over $850 additional.  I will fight this all the way to litigation if it comes to that, I sincerely hope it does not.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

4 years ago

@mbaturin wrote:

Same exact issue here with 2 returns (mine and my wife's phone upgrading to new iPhones). I have proof that I shipped to USPS. USPS last status is 10/5 and says Delivered to Agent.  Newgistics last status is 10/5 and says "Picked Up by Shipping Agent" Nothing after that. As far as I'm concerned my liability ended when USPS delivered the phones to Newgistics who AT&T partners with for "last-mile" delivery.  If they screwed up or had a theft or whatever, that is between AT&T and them and I should have zero liability at that point. 

As far as I'm concerned, your liability ends when you hand it over to a USPS worker and they hand you a receipt!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Now I've received a suspension notice from AT&T.  Not sure what recourse I have.  I've given the tracking numbers, both show that USPS delivered to their agent (Newgistics).  How can this happen?

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

As long as you have your tracking numbers get a supervisor. You have your
receipts. My problem is that they didn't give me any. They have to let it
go. They can't go after you for something you did correctly and have proof.
Talk to the supervisors supervisor. I kept my phone logs too to show how
many times and minutes I tried to call and resolve this. Good luck! If I
van help ket me know. Mine ended up being tied to a prepaid account. I said
see someone stole it. They were like nope too bad. I have never used att
again. I just paid the phone off and what I really did owe and let it go.
They tried to send me to collection. The reason I couldn't get receipts
were because mine was part of a bad batch of labels. Which they
conveniently said we are aware of it but that isn't your case. I was like
ok yeah right. I cancelled my directtv and everything. We moved to a new
house and they had went around the neighborhood trying to get people to
leave asap before my wife sees you lol. I was treated like I stole
something. I was a customer since it was Illinois Bell. I upgraded at least
1 phone every year and had 5 phones on my account. I even had a rep say
well if you just return it there won't be any issues. He made me sooooo
angry. Especially since I had spent 45 min explaining everything to him. It
was ridiculous. Everytime they tried to send me to collection I sent the
agency everything I had and it would disappear then again and 1 more time.
I have not seen anything since. I told them they could try to pry their
money that I do not owe them from my dying hands if they'd like to try. I
paid what I owed but not going to for something I don't owe. They do have a
complaint resolution form and you can report them to the BBB and consumer
affairs dept for your state. I told them see you in court if you'd like lol.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Decided to try an online chat today.  The rep said they received the phones and the charge should be taken off in 24-36 hours.  He said he guarantees my account will not be suspended and that it will be taken care of.  I doubt it, but at least i have the chat transcript now.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

Awesome. I do hope it does for you!! Happy Holidays! Thanks for.the update.
I am so glad it is a positive 1.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.