Need help understanding your bill?
JaxGuy's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, January 12th, 2019 4:35 PM

New unlimited plans are a bit deceptive

ATTs comparison page makes it look like you'll save, in my case $25/month, by moving from my grandfathered unlimited data to the new unlimited plan. I saw nowhere on the page that I would be losing my corporate discount but even putting that aside, why does a plan that is $25 less per month have more than double the amount of taxes and fees as my old, higher priced plan? And of course the increase in taxes and fees isn't displayed either. I only learned of that in the confirmation email. Without factoring in the discount, the new plan would save me $10.90 over the old plan but with losing my discount, I would end up paying $7.80 more per month for basically the same thing since I don't really need unlimited minutes. 

$80.00 monthly new unlimited plan 

$23.50 taxes and fees

———————

$103.50   

$39.99 450 rollover

$45.00 data

$20.00 text 

$ 9.41 taxes and fees 

———————

$ 114.40  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

How does someone not know AT&T has a prepaid plan?   All major carriers have a 

Prepaid option.  Prepaid options are treated like a separate carrier and prepaid options are not going to show up when looking at postpaid options to switch to.  

How are the prices deceptive?   https://www.att.com/plans/unlimited-data-plans.html

If you took your discount off the price published, when it offers none, that’s not deceit.  

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

The taxes and fees are based on the line fees. The current unlimited plans have higher line fees, $35. I believe your 450 rollover plan is $30 for the plan minutes and $9.99 for the line fee. The taxes and fees are based on the $9.99 line fee. I know what you mean, though. I recently changed from a shared data plan that had $15 line fees and I’m seeing an increase too.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Must be, even the $70 9GB plan the system recommended had the same fees as the $80 unlimited plan.

After 25 years with ATT, I moved to T-Mobile One Prepaid on Friday for $53 including taxes for unlimited voice, text and data.  Half what I was paying ATT on my old plan (before discount). So far, signal is just as good except in my office building. Works fine at my desk but I lose reception in the center of the building and in the elevator, which never happened with ATT.  For the price though, I can deal with it.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

It's saddening to have lost you as a long time valued customer over a small price difference, and now you're not getting the reception you had with AT&T either. If you had spoken with the right department we would have been able to provide you with a plan that would have been of lesser price. 

From your price break down, it sounds like you were not paying for installments or insurance, just your plan and per line charges. For a competitive rate, you could've had unlimited data with us on grandfathered plan available only to long time customers.

I wish you had tried our own prepaid plan after 25 years of loyalty, as we too have unlimited prepaid plan options.

Definitely think about giving AT&T a try again if you find that not having great signal in your office becomes too tedious. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

$50/month isn't a small price difference IMO.  I spoke with 8 different people before deciding to leave ATT - Not one seemed truly interested in retaining my business. Not one offered to escalate and get back with me. Blind transfer after blind transfer, having to repeat myself over and over again. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I'll also add, the system didn't show me any prepaid plans when I selected the change plan option, I was given a choice of three - a 9 GB plan with unlimited voice and text and two unlimited everything plans.  I didn't even know ATT offered prepaid plans until I was past the point of no return and already had an appointment scheduled at T-Mobile. Again, not a single associate mentioned that either. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.