For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
MoisesAlou's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, May 12th, 2014 4:21 PM

New phone with different sized SIM - what to do?

Good morning,

Quick question, which I am sure there is a simple answer to.

Recently purchased an ATT branded Note 3 from a family member.  I currently have a HTC Vivid.  I have become aware of the fact that these phones use different sized SIM cards.

My question is, can I simply go into an AT&T store and have them give me a new SIM for this phone?  Will there be any charge for activation, phone switch, etc?  I have been an AT&T customer for 6+ years and have a couple months left on my current contract.  That information may not be necessary, but in case it helps.

Thanks in advance!

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

10 years ago

If you go to a corporate store, there should be no charge for the SIM and activation of the SIM.

Former Employee

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

For further clarification as well the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 uses a Micro-SIM, while the HTC Vivid uses a Standard Mini-SIM.  They would not be compatible.  🙂

Scholar

• 

185 Messages

10 years ago

You can cut the sim card into smaller one, but you will have to accept the consequence in the events that the sim card doesn't work out correctly. Or like all these other people said, go to corporate store, and bring both of your phone, and they will help you replace a sim card with the right fit, and you will be good to go.

Scholar

• 

185 Messages

10 years ago

Make sure the primarily account holder or the authorized user is the one that goes to the store. Also, dont forget to bring amvalid government issue id with you. Or else they wont be able to help you out.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.