New account questions

Contributor

New account questions

I will be adding a new line to our family plan and I have an off contract iPhone 4s, what happens if I:

1. Bring in the 4s and just sign up for the iPhone plan.  Will I be in a 2 year contract so that I will not be able to upgrade for 2 years?

2. I sign up for an Android/plan but switch the device to the 4s/plan.  Do I still get to upgrade after a year?  Also, when you make changes to a plan, is there a charge/fee?

I'm assuming all phones are upgrade eligible after 1 year but iPhones are 2 years.

Appreciate any feedbacks, thank you.

Message 1 of 4
Expert

Re: New account questions

MyPhoneIsSmart wrote:

I will be adding a new line to our family plan and I have an off contract iPhone 4s, what happens if I:

1. Bring in the 4s and just sign up for the iPhone plan.  Will I be in a 2 year contract so that I will not be able to upgrade for 2 years?

2. I sign up for an Android/plan but switch the device to the 4s/plan.  Do I still get to upgrade after a year?  Also, when you make changes to a plan, is there a charge/fee?

I'm assuming all phones are upgrade eligible after 1 year but iPhones are 2 years.

Appreciate any feedbacks, thank you.

Actually all phones are between 20 and 24 months for upgrade based on various factors.

If the off contract Iphone4S is a GSM phone and you add it, it will not force you into a two year contract, if it is a sprint or verizon iphone it probably will not work since according to what is stated they unlock for international use only

If you get a subsidized android it will lock you into a two year contract even if you switch to the Iphone, again it depends for the upgrade, a secondardy line on a family plan always takes longer to be eligible because of the minimum cost for the service line, the primary line in a family plan always upgrades first.

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply!

So, let me get this straight.  I have an AT&T iPhone 4s so when I sign up for a new line on our family plan, just bring in the 4s and sign up for the iPhone plan.  This will not lock me in for 2 years so it'll be a month to month?

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Expert

MyPhoneIsSmart wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply!

So, let me get this straight.  I have an AT&T iPhone 4s so when I sign up for a new line on our family plan, just bring in the 4s and sign up for the iPhone plan.  This will not lock me in for 2 years so it'll be a month to month?

correct - you amy need to emphasize the fact that it is a month to month and not a 2 year contract

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support