Need help understanding your bill?
jucro08's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, October 11th, 2017 1:27 PM

New Sim for old phone with different number

I’m in the U.S. and I’ve paid off my iPhone 6 and want to give it to my sister because she broke hers. How do I get a new SIM card and have her phone number associated with that phone? We share a plan. Thank you! 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

If you really need a new SIM card, go to an ATT store but if the SIM card in the broken phone is the right size, just move it to the iPhone 6. There is a $5 charge for a new SIM card.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

So the old SIM card from her phone can be transferred to the phone I send? They are both iPhone 6 phones. And everything will transfer over from her phone?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Yes. The SIM card only transfers the number. Everything else would come from a backup of her broken phone. Before you send the phone, make sure you set it back to factory settings and remove the iCloud lock so she can set it up as her phone.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Any way to get info from phone if it doesn’t work? Or is iCloud the only option?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Depends on what you mean by “doesn’t work”. If the phone does not power on at all, perhaps nothing, but if there is any response it may be able to be restored by connecting to a computer and iTunes and putting into recovery mode. However, any stored information is likely only available from a backup, whether that backup is on a computer or iCloud. Recovery mode will wipe out any info on the phone with the idea it would be restored from a backup after recovery.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.