Explore & discover

Helpful Links

New AT&T Compatible Tablet Activation Fees

Highlighted
Contributor

New AT&T Compatible Tablet Activation Fees

I have an older tablet that I use on the AT&T network. If I purchase a newer model tablet from an online retailer and use my existing SIM card, will I need to pay AT&T activation fees to use the new tablet on the existing line on service?

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎04-05-2019 4:54 AM

Re: New AT&T Compatible Tablet Activation Fees

No.  There are no fees for activation of a device, the fee is activation of a new LINE.   Since you already have a line and sim, you are not charged, and you don’t even need to notify At&t. 

If you ‘upgrade’ through At&t, they will charge you an upgrade fee on existing line for new device.  But that’s not what you’re doing.   

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support