Need help understanding your bill?
Kayjay132007's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, June 18th, 2018 11:43 PM

NEXT plan phone paid off and phone unlocked

I have an account with several lines on it and it's currently suspended bc I have to wait for my husband to get paid due to starting new job. One of the phones is paid off and phone unlocked and my daughter wants to start her own service. I will continue with my other lines on AT&T but will having a current suspended account keep her from using phone that has been paid off and unlocked to start her own service 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

ATT won’t unlock any phone on your account with the account suspended. She also can’t port her number until service is restored. The phone will still work on ATT, so she can start her own account with ATT or any ATT MVNO with a new number.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

6 years ago

@sandblaster, it seems the phone is already unlocked, so the daughter could start service with a new phone number with any carrier. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

My account is current and not past due. It is showing suspended for no reason. 

I have paid off my IPhone X $933 5 days ago. 

They won’t remove the suspended status  even though my account is current. They won’t unlock my phone. I think ATT is stealing money from people. I have called everyday since last Monday abd it is now 11 pm Friday night. They keep telling me they are putting through a case and it will be unlocked. They are all lying to me. Att has something illegal going on here. I am ready to get a lawyer and warm people they have a scam going. 

I am at my wits end. I have a severely disabled child and I have called and called begged someone to help me. They all give me the same story and nothing happens. Everyone of them 5 days straight has lied to me. This has to be illegal. Someone onesie help. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Rachyrachp

If you are suspended for any reason, non payment being the usual, your account is only restored when the full balance is paid, not just the past due amount.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.