Need help understanding your bill?
montinmaine's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, December 14th, 2017 1:09 AM

NET NEUTRALITY

IF NET NEUTRALITY GOES DOWN, I WILL CANCEL MY ATT ACCOUNT.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

For what reason? You realize net neutrality regulations apply to all internet providers meaning if those regulations are removed, they are removed from all internet providers. Are you saying you won’t use the internet at all? Wouldn’t it make more sense to see what happens without those regulations? What exactly do you think ATT is going to do?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I expect that ATT is behind getting rid of Net neutrality.  And, yes, I will stop subscribing to the internet and will use it at the library or other places with wyfi access, but will not pay for a slowed experience.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

ATT behind it? Not any more than any other internet provider. ATT has always stated they support net neutrality, they are just against regulations written 70+ years ago. Their main argument is that rules written to regulate the old land line telephone company just don’t apply to current internet providers. I bet if you read those old regulations, you would agree. By the way, who do you think provides the internet at the library or at free WiFi hotspots? If you use the internet, you can’t avoid using infrastructure owned and operated by one or more of the internet backbone providers. One way or another, you will still be using ATT.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

LOL.    ATT has no problem with net neutrality any more than any other internet provider and cell carrier.  

In the unlikely event it happens, stock up on firewood as the only thing uneffected will be sending smoke signals.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Here is the complete stance of AT&T on Net Neutrality

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

It’s the writers take on the issue.   Open internet benefits all carriers.  Since ATT runs a streaming service also, they would be the last to want it throttled due to another service provider.  

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

The regulations were not written 70 years ago. Those regulations were passed so that companies like Comcast and ATT won't have a monopoly over the internet and so that the internet is kept free and open to everyone.   [Please keep it courteous]

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Me too. I have been an ATT customer for a long time and they didn't stand up for what was right. Just like Comcast, ATT was in bed with the FCC. They paid FCC and lobbyists lots of money to see that net nuetrality was a thing of the past. sad. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Exactly! As soon as my contract is up with Comcast I am cancelling them and ATT too

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

You do know that net neutrality was only about 18 months old right? You do know that the Internet was open and equal free prior to 18 months ago right? You do know that there are laws in place and have been all (since 1934] along that prevent a service provider from preferring one source over another? 

This has been around since 2010.   https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-10-201A1_Rcd.pdf

NN was a redundant set of rules in an attempt to enforce the laws already existing.  All the FCC has to do is enforce the existing laws, and the Clayton and Sherman act.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.