Helpful Links

My name change

Contributor

My name change

I changed my name to Vanessa P , and i am getting VERY frustrated with trying to get this changed with AT&T. About a week ago, i visited a store and thought that would get it done. It was still not done by last week Friday. I chatted with someone here on the website (by the way, where is the chat link? I can't seem to find it now.) I was told that it would be another day before the name change would show here on the website. I just logged in, and STILL i have to see the name "V*****," which is VERY triggering to me! Also, i did not appreciate the rep i chatted with trying to pressure me into changing my service plan. when all i wanted to do was get my name change taken care of! My name is Vanessa, no longer "V*****." PLEASE do whatever is needed so that next time i log in, i am greeted by my proper name.[edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

Message 1 of 3

Re: My name change

Hi @Vanessa32,

Our apologies for the frustration this has caused.

While I don't know exactly how long it takes for a name change to move through the system, it does seem like it should have taken effect already. I wonder - as frustrating as it might be to do so - if it would help to talk to a representative, per the steps on Change the name on your account? If need be, Chat would also be available, as an option on that page.

I hope that helps resolve the issue and we apologize, again, for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

AT&T Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: My name change

I just logged in, and it still says "Welcome to the new myAT&T, VINCE!" I really do not have the time or the patience for this. I have tried several approaches to get "VANESSA" to be the name that shows when I log in to the account website, yet my old name is still what shows.

Can someone please get this corrected, without me having to do yet another online chat, phone call, or store visit? This is way beyond annoying at this point.

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support