For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Peko's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, August 13th, 2012 7:05 AM

My Phone Service Isn't Working

If I try to text, it says "message can't be sent," and if I try to call the call automatically ends.  I asked my friend to call me, and it was sent straight to voicemail.  I have full bars of service, and I've never missed a phone payment.  Those are the only two reasons I can think of as to why I can't call or text.  Why isn't my phone service working?

[Edit] Also, I should probably point out, that since my phone service isn't working, I can't even call AT&T for customer support.   

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

That's really weird.  I turned my phone off and turned it back on and now I can call people....

I would still like some sort of explanation, but at least now it works.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@Peko wrote:

That's really weird.  I turned my phone off and turned it back on and now I can call people....

I would still like some sort of explanation, but at least now it works.

That would be almost inpossible to explain why it did that, but cell phones like PC's do strange things every once in awhile and in the case of the pc the first thing you try is rebooting to see if that fixes the problem. Same with a phone, power off and restart or power off, pull the battery for a couple of minutes then start it back up

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Okay, thanks.  Hopefully it won't happen again, because that was kind of aggravating.  

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

No phone service for last 24hrs in Strasburg ,Ohio

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I tried that and it worked the first time, but now it won't work!!! 😞
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.