Helpful Links

Moving from a family plan to an individual plan

Contributor

Moving from a family plan to an individual plan

I just got married last month and need to get off of my parents phone plan to one with my husband and I. He also has att but I get a work discount so att said I would have to have a new account and he would be moved to my account. My question is I got a phone upgrade last November I believe and I'm wondering what happens when I move to a new plan. Does my contract start over and I can get a new phone or does it stay the same as it is now where I would be eligible next year for an upgrade?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
ACE - Expert

Re: Moving from a family plan to an individual plan

The contract goes with the phone. Your upgrade eligibility does not change.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2

All Replies
ACE - Expert

Re: Moving from a family plan to an individual plan

The contract goes with the phone. Your upgrade eligibility does not change.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support