For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
RoMastaFlash's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Friday, October 3rd, 2014 12:45 PM

Moving AT&T lines from one account to another.

I'd like to move my parents' AT&T lines from their account (which would then close) onto my line.  I have a Mobile Share Value account.  Can you move an AT&T line from one account to another? It's technically not porting, since it's still in the AT&T ecosystem. And do they have to be out of contract to avoid ETF? Or can they just bring their ETF date with them to the new account?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @RoMastaFlash 

Here is a support article with all the information you should need:

AT&T Transfer Billing Responsibility

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

Yes that can be done pretty easily, I did it with my wife when we got married, put her 2 lines on my account. There was no termination fee but I was billed a small processing fee or something if I remember. We just both had to go to an ATT store together.

Scholar

• 

152 Messages

10 years ago

There would be no ETF because you are assuming responsibility for fulfilling the rest of their contract. You just need their permission to do so.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you, but i think this link refers to transferring their account to my name.  I just want to move my parents' line onto my account.  I will be responsible for their lines under my account, but I don't want a second account under my name.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @RoMastaFlash 

It's the same process, you'll have an option to create a new account in your name or move their lines to your existing account. If you need any help with that, you can send us a private message by clicking here and our team will be happy to assist.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.