Need help understanding your bill?
Tx38special's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, March 7th, 2019 9:52 PM

Monthly Installment Amount

How do I change my monthly installment amount on the phone? I want to double it and get it paid off sooner without having to pay all of it at once! Is this AT&T's way of "HANGING" on to a customer longer???

Thank you, Valerie

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

Sorry, that is not possible and yes, that is ATT’s way of keeping you a customer longer. Your only option is to pay off what you owe. So take the extra money you can pay each month and save it. When you have saved enough, then payoff the phone completely.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

@Tx38special wrote:

How do I change my monthly installment amount on the phone? I want to double it and get it paid off sooner without having to pay all of it at once! Is this AT&T's way of "HANGING" on to a customer longer???

Thank you, Valerie

Since AT&T won't allow it, make the extra payment "to yourself" using a savings or money market account. You'll still pay it off twice as fast and by keeping the money you can earn interest off of it. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Well darling thanks for your advice about saving the extra money, then paying them off.

Then AT&T can *****!!!! And the sooner the better!!!!

I'm SICK of their thieving crap!!!!

[Please keep it courteous]

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Tx38special wrote:

Well darling thanks for your advice about saving the extra money, then paying them off.

Then AT&T can *****!!!! And the sooner the better!!!!

I'm SICK of their thieving crap!!!!

[Please keep it courteous]

I am trying to figure out how this is ATT's fault.  All us carriers do not allow extra payments as its a finance agreement with a payment schedule like a house or car.  You can see it on your myATT account.

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

5 years ago

Like @GLIMMERMAN76 said, the installment agreement is like a loan. Just like your car loan payments or mortgage payments are a fixed amount every month for a certain period of time, the phone installment is a fixed amount for a period of time. This is how all carrier phone installment plans work. If you don't like it, pay off the entire balance.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

What is the total amount on both phones ONLY that need to be paid off so that ATT is not gouging us for an extra $220/month?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

One more time: I want to pay off BOTH PHONES so I can lower my ATT Wireless bill that's now $220/month over what I was paying. Tell me now what that amount is so I can own both phones and not put up with this nonsense or you will be getting your phone sent back.

Associated Member

• 

254 Messages

5 years ago

This is a community, user-to-user forum. None of us here can provide you with that information, because we're all customers like you.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@Kenwoods2 wrote:

One more time: I want to pay off BOTH PHONES so I can lower my ATT Wireless bill that's now $220/month over what I was paying. Tell me now what that amount is so I can own both phones and not put up with this nonsense or you will be getting your phone sent back.

1.  It’s on your bill.  

2.  It’s on your bill, read it and manage your installments to pay them off.

3.  The community is other customers, not At&t.   We can’t read your bill - You CAN 

4.   At&t doesn’t sell any phone with a $110 installment, so no 2 phones are costing you an extra $220 per month

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.