Need help understanding your bill?
soundsofchewelah's profile

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

Monday, April 18th, 2011 12:32 AM

Mobile to Any Mobile - To Good To Be True?

So I have a dumb question, I added the Family Messaging Unlimited with Mobile to Any Mobile Calling feature to my plan, after chatting with a rep.  She basically confirmed that the Unlimited M2M is truly for cell phone to cell phone to any network within the US.  I even looked it up in the answer center.  Then my Brother-In-Law calls and just doesn't believe that it could be.  So can someone set me straight, does that feature really include true mobile to mobile calling to any network within the US?

Thanks guys!

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

13 years ago

Yes.

Explorer

• 

6 Messages

13 years ago

No it is not completely true. We have had a family plan with unlimited texts for years. They say as long as your family plan is at least 700 minutes you qualify. Our plan is 850 minutes and I was told I would have to change plans. They want me to pay $10 a month more for 150 minutes less. And from what I hear we would also lose about 3000 roll over minutes. Now please tell me where that is free?

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

13 years ago

Like most other new features and promotions, you have to be on a plan that is current. Your 850 minute plan is grandfathered and hasn't been offered in several years. The price you are paying now would actually be approximately the same if you went to the 700. It's up to you if you want to exchange 150 anytime minutes with the ability to make/receive calls to any cell phone nationwide for free. Smiley Very Happy

Guru

• 

1K Messages

13 years ago

@CaDreamer wrote:

No it is not completely true. We have had a family plan with unlimited texts for years. They say as long as your family plan is at least 700 minutes you qualify. Our plan is 850 minutes and I was told I would have to change plans. They want me to pay $10 a month more for 150 minutes less. And from what I hear we would also lose about 3000 roll over minutes. Now please tell me where that is free?

If I' m correct the 850 minutes family plan has the same cost as the 700 minutes one so there would be no price increase. Still, it's a great benefit to have unlimited calling to any wireless phone from any company. Believe me when I tell you that your airtime minutes usage will reduce considerably if you add the Mobile to Any Mobile feature, I've seen family plans where their usage reduced from more than 1000 minutes to less than 300 minutes per month with that feature.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

If that is the case that your minutes will go down why do you have to have a 700 minute or higher plan? Even if it was on the 550 minute rate plan because I have 3 iPhones on my account I would still be paying well over a $100 a month. It should be based off a certain $ amount not minutes. Like if you already spend more then $100 a month you should be able to get it no matter what minute plan.

Employee

• 

82 Messages

13 years ago

If that is the case that your minutes will go down why do you have to have a 700 minute or higher plan? Even if it was on the 550 minute rate plan because I have 3 iPhones on my account I would still be paying well over a $100 a month. It should be based off a certain $ amount not minutes. Like if you already spend more then $100 a month you should be able to get it no matter what minute plan.

Unfortunately...that's not the case. You hav to be on the 700min plan or higher.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

I have the 700 minute plan, pay the $30.00 texting and M2M and get ALL the M2M free.

Jumbo

Guru

• 

870 Messages

13 years ago

I love the anymobile since 90% of the calls I make are to cellphones. The anytime minutes along with rollover more than cover the 10% calls I make to landline. I literally dont have to watch my minites or texting for that matter.

Its an excellent feature to me. The only thing I have to keep an eye on is data but thats no problem.

Former Employee

• 

12 Messages

13 years ago

I am a tenured CSR. Lets say that we did base it off how much you paid every month lets say you have and old expired plan that included 200 min a month. But you continuesly went over your min causing high bills every month. Should we base it off what you pay every month then? Lets say you are an international traveler and have a lot of roaming and have a high bill every month. Should we still base it off what you pay every month? The cap on the min at 700 min is a good idea because it gives you 700 min just for landlines for business landlines and home phone lines.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

I already have the 700 with $30 family unlimited texting.

Do I need to do anything to sign up?
I don't see it as a option on the Features Add page.

THnaks,
Tom 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.