Need help understanding your bill?
Jimandlisa's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, March 20th, 2017 12:50 PM

Mobile data

Instead of being automatically charged for additional data when limit is reached, can i have data set to shut off until billing cycle ends?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

If you are on the Mobile Share Advantage plan, YES.

Call 611 and ask for retention and ask for that plan.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

If your plan charges for overages, no, there is no way to disable that as long as you keep that plan. If you don't want to automatically get charged for more data, you must change to a plan that does not charge overages.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

7 years ago

As of today, ATT doesn't track data usage real time. Understanding that, by the time ATT "sees" that you have used all your data and turns it off, you still could incur overage uses and charges. Would you be happy paying the $15 charge for the extra gig, but not being able to use it because your data has been turned off until the end of the cycle?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I don't understand why everyone I know who use other providers have unlimited data but me anyway. I'm about to leave AT&T for this reason, it's ridiculous.

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

7 years ago

Call and ask to be changed to the unlimited plan. Having a tv service is no longer required, there are 2 plans, different prices and features.

If you do not want to change your plan (it is a great time to) and you use Android, you can set your phone to warn/disable or data at a cerain level. Tech support can show you how.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.