Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Mobile Share Value plan change to lower data

Contributor

Mobile Share Value plan change to lower data

Can I change from my existing Mobile Share Value plan to a Mobile Share Value plan with lower data.  In particular, with the March increase, which will double my monthly data from 15 GB to 30 GB with an increase of $10 billing, can I downgrade to what is now the 8 GB plan but will be a 16 GB plan at a lower cost?  Or can I only change to one of the newer plans that do not have overage charges, but cost more?

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Community Manager (Community Manager)
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM
‎02-26-2019 12:48 PM

Since you are on a grandfathered plan, you can only change to a current plan. They won’t let you make any changes to the grandfathered plan. I hadn’t heard of an increase to Mobile Share Value, I just left that plan two months ago. They increased prices and doubled data on Mobile Share Advantage last year, are they doing the same thing to Mobile Share Value now? @lizdance40, I know you have that plan, can you confirm?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
Contributor

Yes, they are now making this change to regular Mobile Share Value plans.  See att.com/msvupdate.  Thanks for the info about the freeze within MSV for grandfathered plans.  One way or the other AT&T is going to get more money out of me for services I don't want.  

Message 3 of 6
ACE - Expert

@sandblaster wrote:

Since you are on a grandfathered plan, you can only change to a current plan. They won’t let you make any changes to the grandfathered plan. I hadn’t heard of an increase to Mobile Share Value, I just left that plan two months ago. They increased prices and doubled data on Mobile Share Advantage last year, are they doing the same thing to Mobile Share Value now? @lizdance40, I know you have that plan, can you confirm?

she is on a dbl data promo already I wana see what they are going to do.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
ACE - Sage

I’m not seeing a notice on my bill.  I’m on a 15 gig plan with 5 gig bonus at the $100 rate.  It they bump me up, I’m fine with it.  Could have used it this month.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 5 of 6
ACE - Sage

The article is here:   https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1324713?gsi=DwoqadCk

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support